WHAT? u dun need to kno the role of antibiotics? (1 Viewer)

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
um yes u do need to know.... wy arnt pppl looking at the syllabi to check?
*shakes fist

identify the role of antibiotics in the
management of infectious disease

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i dunt fink tis that hard ne way..... antibiotics are only effective against the bacteria in body, it works by dissolvin the cell membrane of the bacteria and effectively kills it.....

however, over prescription of antibiotics (or the use of antibiotics alone) can cause the bacteria to mutate (note, not because of darwin's theory of natural selection, cuz bacteria multiply by binary fission, hence NO variation is in the population) and by chance, resistant to the antibiotics..... the consequence is that some diseases that are caused by bacteria may becum uncurable.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
antibiotics dont just 'dissolve the membrane of cells' they do other combinant things aswell..breaking down cell membranes is all good and fine but what if the membrane of the cell is not prone to the antibiotics effect?
it has other effects which i'm sure if i was sober or stuffed to type em up i would give reasons for..hold on..i'll make an attempt to find it....
Originally posted by xiao1985
it works by dissolvin the cell membrane of the bacteria and effectively kills it
- inhibit the synthesis of cell walls (in a way this can be interpreted as breaking down cell membranes)
- disrupt the cell walls fuctions
- inhibit protien synthesis
- inhibit nucleic-acid synthesis
- introduce chemicals to interfere with cell growth and funtion
Originally posted by xiao1985
antibiotics are only effective against the bacteria in body
and btw antibiotics,yes, under normal conditions do only affect bacteria BUT... there are strains that can affect other pathogens..essentially there are:
- antibacterial agents than destroy bacteria (the one u were refering too)
- antiviral agents that destroy or inhibit certain strains of viruses (less virulent ones..often more cumbersome forms or delapidated strains of virus)
- antifungal agents that destroy fungi

[/B][/QUOTE]

ok.. when i come back online later i'll try to get more info up here on antibiotics i wanna clear thing up cause there are some inconsistencies..sorry if i come across as a bitch i just though u were missing some info aswell as miscontruing others...
see ya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)