What u up to? (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
I think my class is heaps behind, it doesnt help having a teacher who doesnt know wat he's talking about! we're prolly half way through electro chemistry, a lil over half way through production of materials.. the whole battery concept and salt bridge etc etc doesnt seem to register with me.. can anyone explain it? where are you guys up to?

juggernaut

HSC
i cant tell u exactly because we dont even have our official textbook yet

but we just did the prac on galvanic cells

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
and many of you seem to have started with the options :confused:
Originally posted by mazza_728
the whole battery concept and salt bridge etc etc doesnt seem to register with me.. can anyone explain it?
start a new thread with some more specific questions. i don't know where to being the explaining! i'll try:
there are two terminals. the negative (anode) and positive (cathode). in order for an electric current to be generated by a battery, the anode and cathode must be connected, there must be an electrolyte solution and an electric current has to travel through it. electrons are given off from the substance at the anode, travel down the wire to the cathode.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
and many of you seem to have started with the options :confused:

our school used the ooption as our first assesment, even though we are currently doing the first module. their theory was to get it out of the way and so it didnt clash with our trials :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
no need to understand for the hsc.
There is no need to understand chemistry for the HSC, I agree. You just need to be able to answer the questions... the HSC is one big game, you just gotta know how to play it.

J0n

N/A
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
There is no need to understand chemistry for the HSC, I agree. You just need to be able to answer the questions... the HSC is one big game, you just gotta know how to play it.
That's good, cause i am totally lost. :D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
So am I, but I also understand it, were only up to the start of the 3rd page thing in the first module, however, we also started about 4 weeks later and we covered a fair bit of radioactive materials in an assesment so we will breeze through that.

5c

HSC
we jst did some nuclear chemistry today...
is dat slow. fast. or normal?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If you have a good teacher who teaches well and actually cares about you, being at nuclear Chemistry should be about right. As long as you finish it before the term 4 holidays.

If you had a bad teacher you'd probably still be doing ethanol :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Well you got oxidation/reduction and radioactivity to get through in about 1 and a half weeks.

That should be enough time but I doubt you'd be able to cover it thoroughly.

Which means more study in the holidays! :D

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
finished whole of production of materials.. went through it too quick in my opinion.. lucki i do tutor or i'd b so screwedd

all we doin now is bludgin in class / askin teacher for help on our shipwrecks hand in portfolio

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You could spend this time picking out hard questions on purpose to ask the teacher :)

ahhh....How I love when the teacher mumbles a whole load of crap to answer it which doiesn't make sense.

But my Physics teacher was good at that. I asked him a tricky question. He know's that I can tell he doesn't know too much about what I'm after so he tells me, "At least I've made it sound like it's correct, even though it isn't" :)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Ragerunner
You could spend this time picking out hard questions on purpose to ask the teacher :)

ahhh....How I love when the teacher mumbles a whole load of crap to answer it which doiesn't make sense.

But my Physics teacher was good at that. I asked him a tricky question. He know's that I can tell he doesn't know too much about what I'm after so he tells me, "At least I've made it sound like it's correct, even though it isn't" :)
hahaha... thats just like my teacher. its like i ask him a question he goes on and on about some irrelevant crap (i think he is purposely avoiding the question) that has no relation to my question at the start. afterwards he probably ask me do you understand... i will have my usual reply of "yes i do" or else he is gonna keep on going ;)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
There are 3 Core topics that everyone in the state has to do, and you get to pick an option topic to learn. You only need to learn 1 option topic.

beverly

HSC
N/A
we finished production of materials on the last day of term 4 :p

i think we'll definately have to do it again, judging by the number of people who werent even at school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)