what UAI did all the EAS peoples get? (1 Viewer)

Ninew

HSC
I got news from UNSW. It said i am accepted into the course. I got it on wednesday! So i guess you should get a reply soon.

djravine

HSC
It appears people tried to get into as many categories a possible...ugh, this topic makes me fume.

mysterious_grl8

HSC
i got a UAI of 81.75 and i applied for EAS..iv'e got letters from all the Uni's who r offering 5 points (except for UTS who r offering up to 10)

smum

HSC
i know someone that have applied beacuse their parents don't speak much English...even thou he was born in Australia and got uai 95 (Sydney high school)....please don't tell me he'll get uai 100 now??

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
how can you apply for EAS because your parents don't speak english, what's that got to do with affecting your studies? determining eas is based on how much something affects your study and how much it could lower your uai by.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
how can you apply for EAS because your parents don't speak english, what's that got to do with affecting your studies? determining eas is based on how much something affects your study and how much it could lower your uai by.

He would have put down reasons, as to explain how its affected his studies.

Fore example, because his parents dont speak english, he has to go along with his parents to pay the bills, as a translater/interpretor, he needs to take care of alot of responsibilties which require the ability to read/speak english, dealing with phone calls... etc etc etc... "This has affected the amount of time I have had in yrs 11 and 12 to complete given assessments, and therefore my HSC has suffered somewhat due to this reason...etc.etc.etc."

Yeah I got EAS as well (and Yes, My parents do speak English incase u were wondering...).

I Got them from USYD, UNSW and UTS.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
physician said:
He would have put down reasons, as to explain how its affected his studies.

Fore example, because his parents dont speak english, he has to go along with his parents to pay the bills, as a translater/interpretor, he needs to take care of alot of responsibilties which require the ability to read/speak english, dealing with phone calls... etc etc etc... "This has affected the amount of time I have had in yrs 11 and 12 to complete given assessments, and therefore my HSC has suffered somewhat due to this reason...etc.etc.etc."

Yeah I got EAS as well (and Yes, My parents do speak English incase u were wondering...).

I Got them from USYD, UNSW and UTS.

wow, that's very true what you said. i never thought of it in that context. i got eas points from uts and maq but still haven't recieved anything from usyd, is there a possiblity i can still recieve eas points from usyd?

physician

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
wow, that's very true what you said. i never thought of it in that context. i got eas points from uts and maq but still haven't recieved anything from usyd, is there a possiblity i can still recieve eas points from usyd?

My guess is USYD is not on ur preferance list. If it was, they would have had to at least inform u as to whether ur EAS was accepted or not, but if u dont have a specific uni ( such as USYD) on ur preferance list, then u wont receive notification (at least thats how i think it works).

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
see the thing is, 5 of my 9 preferences are with usyd, it is the one uni I HAVE TO GET INTO, my last resorts are the other unis. i've gotten lots of letters and other stuff from usyd. im asking, is it possible for me to still recieve eas points from usyd...i mean should everyone who got points have already recieved them by now and its all over?

physician

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
see the thing is, 5 of my 9 preferences are with usyd, it is the one uni I HAVE TO GET INTO, my last resorts are the other unis. i've gotten lots of letters and other stuff from usyd. im asking, is it possible for me to still recieve eas points from usyd...i mean should everyone who got points have already recieved them by now and its all over?
hmm, thats weird u should have been notified!

the best thing to do would be to call USYD: 1300 362 006

Tell them u havnt been notified, and ask them whether ur EAS was accepted/rejected...etc.

Everyone was notified before the HSC results came out... (including people who didint get the EAS points, they would have received a letter saying the application was not successful)!... U should call them pretty soon and ask!

All the best!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Why on earth does it seem so many people here applied for EAS?

I'm confused.
because while people may not go advertising all their problems to you personally, there are lots of things that can affect your performance during the hsc.

i got 91.80 and i got accepted into the EAS schemes for sydney, uts and unsw. uts is the one i'm really hoping comes through - i want to do a b laws/communications (writing and contemporary cultures) which i missed out on by 5-6 points... in theory i have 10 points leeway at uts but it depends on how many people apply

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
True, alot of people do apply for EAS for various personal reasons, I mean if your family member(s) had fallen into grave illness during your school-time or even HSC, it really does undermine their true potential.

Though hopefully all the eas people here got the points they needed/wanted for their causes. :)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
physician said:
hmm, thats weird u should have been notified!

the best thing to do would be to call USYD: 1300 362 006

Tell them u havnt been notified, and ask them whether ur EAS was accepted/rejected...etc.

Everyone was notified before the HSC results came out... (including people who didint get the EAS points, they would have received a letter saying the application was not successful)!... U should call them pretty soon and ask!

All the best!

oh ok, thanks alot physician :D.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Yeah i was accepted into the eas scheme for UTS and Macquarie for medical reasons. Fingers crossed for Public Communication at UTS but like glycerine said it'll depend on how many people apply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)