PDHPE: 93, Band 6
Music: 91, Band 6
SOR 2U: 93, Band 6

uai: 95.10

absolutely stoked!

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
wow, anyone who got below the 80 mark will not want to post anything in this thread. its actually rather biased since the people who did well will actually reveal their UAI. so little can be compared. btw, i did get over 80.

i hav found through talking to people that i know that the UAI seems to be so irratic. subjects that "traditionally" rank well seem to have let people down and led peoples UAI's to be perhaps 10 points below their lowest HSC mark.. which is kind of weird. where as other people may have only had one band 6 and still managed to have a UAI well into the 90s.

seems all a bit of a joke, created by educated idiots.. in my cynical approach to it all. it really isnt an indication of how smart you are, in my opinion. and can be an unfair gauge for entrance into university.

the_dk_master

i only got an 80.55 but i knew before HSC that i was accepted into UOW for mining engineering so im still pretty happy

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
sue_ad said:
NSW UAI: 95.35-- ( School: Noor Al Houda Islamic College )
did anybody get the exact same uai?
lol, Congrats! u deserve it!

btw, I heard u came shy of quite a few band 6's

Neverthless Well done, u almost drove me crazy waiting to find out ur UAI, although I did find out earlier (but then again so did evryone else)

Congrats!!!

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
sue_ad said:
NSW UAI: 95.35-- ( School: Noor Al Houda Islamic College )
did anybody get the exact same uai?
hey is 66.15 close enough? maybe not....

congrats anyway, at least someone in our school did it. w00t for you!!

*competetive tone* grrr, ill be back to strip you of the top spot... after i make it out of UWS of course ;)

just wanted to add to your ecstatic-ish feeling!

btw, im RTFCL NTLNGNC if youre thinking "who the hell is this guy?!?"

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
stazi said:
looks like you're an ugly whore. awww :(

Oh come on you can do better than that, surely.

What with all that time in your hands, making fake accounts and whatnot, why not spend that extra time making up a better insult? Or getting some exercise and fresh air. One or the other (my money is on the former though, too much effort to get off your ass and go for a walk).

avalonian

HSC
98.95 which im happy with (why couldnt they just give me the extra 0.05!!!) but wat bugged me was that in 2002 with the same marks i would have gotten 99.65 and actually gotten into the course i wanted to... wtf is with that?

Valledor

AJV@UWS_combined law
HSC
My results: Bio - 83, English (Standard) - 75, Legal Studies - 80, Spanish - 95, SOR 2 - 78, Maths Advanced - 67

UAI = 80.70 SAM prediction = 85.05 Thanks for getting my hopes up BOS

souha882002

thanx.

My marks were not what i expected, but when i saw my uai i just forgot about my marks. I was only aiming for 90+ so im totally satisfied with 95.35. btw, how did u go in ur uai?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
avalonian said:
but wat bugged me was that in 2002 with the same marks i would have gotten 99.65 and actually gotten into the course i wanted to... wtf is with that?

The new HSC is now 5 years old.....more resources and a better understanding of the syllabus as the years go by = better canditure performance and therefore higher marks required to be competitive.

Last edited:

physician

HSC
sue_ad said:
thanx.

My marks were not what i expected, but when i saw my uai i just forgot about my marks. I was only aiming for 90+ so im totally satisfied with 95.35. btw, how did u go in ur uai?
I pritty much predicted most of my marks before they were released, except chem, which was a complete shock, im gonna get a clerical re-check, it doesnt look right!

My UAI was nothing less than what i expected, I was pritty satisfied, Its enough for my preferred course, Im still waiting to see if UTS and UNSW accepted my EAS application, USYD did, things are looking good at the moment.

I always had faith in u getting a UAI above 95, although it seems ur paranoia with the mark "89" haunted u in ur results if im not mistaken!

Neverthless, well done! and considering that the highest UAI last yr was ~91.75, Im sure u'll inspire many future students at school to go beyond the boundaries and achieve their goals!

once again, congrats!

sarloin

-Swifty- said:
rofl!!!! i had a bad dream about opening it and getting like 70 lol
hey i got 70 and i partyed and enjoyed my life as a teenager and i still got into my dream course of international studies and i still got into 5 unis including uni of technology sydney where im goin and i got a band 6, 3 band 5s and a band 4, so fuck you 70 is not a bad mark 50 and below are bad uais 70 still gets you into uni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subjects: modern history 81
Aboriginal studies 83 ( top 10 %)
Advanced english 75
french 93
Ancient history 81

HSC
guys i was just wonderng i got 11 units and u know how the bos only counts ur top 10-i can just like just not study for studies of religion I yea?? liek i can just study enough to pass it but i can totally just forget about it...please wb and tell me if i got this right caus ei dnt want to waste time studying for a subject that i dnt need to study 4 really

xxx

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
SuNrIsE_oVa_sEa said:
guys i was just wonderng i got 11 units and u know how the bos only counts ur top 10-i can just like just not study for studies of religion I yea?? liek i can just study enough to pass it but i can totally just forget about it...please wb and tell me if i got this right caus ei dnt want to waste time studying for a subject that i dnt need to study 4 really

xxx
I strongly recommend you do not do this. I did 12 units, SOR I being one of them, and believe me when I say you NEED those backup units. I actually ended up getting 49/50 in SOR, ranking 10th in the state - funnily enough it counted, and my 2 unit maths, for which i got 95, did not. Had SOR not counted, I wouldn't have achieved the UAI I achieved, because a mark of 49/50 in SOR this year was more difficult to obtain than 95 in Mathematics.

Study for SOR. It really is an interesting subject; more a sociological study than what some cynically call "Jesus studies" - I actually really enjoyed it. Also, studying for all your subjects, even those which might not count, will instil in you a beneficial study discipline and mentality which will help you get the marks.

physician

HSC
Listen to C_James, he got a UAI of 100.00!!!

congrats James, btw, well done with ur perfect scores for E.E.1 and E.E.2.

I agree, dont take ur extra unit for granted, its saved alot of people in the past, on numerous occasions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)