What UAI did you get? (3 Viewers)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
chibichibi_neko said:
I actually didn't want to find out my UAI or HSC scores until after I came back from holidays, but the temptation was too great and I had a peek at my HSC scores. I was pretty happy with nearly all my subjects (a bit sad about English Adv and Ext1, coz I know I could have done much better, but my own fault).

English Adv. - 88 (just 2 more marks !!!)
English Ext. - 39
Chem - 92
Physics - 90
Maths Ext.1 - 96
Maths Ext. 2 - 87
German Continuers - 95

I thought I'd gone pretty horribly in Maths Ext1, but it was a most wonderful surprise.
The SAM had predicted my UAI at 99.05, so it was with great joy that I laid eyes on 99.10 when I logged in.

UAI: 99.10

Reckon I'll be accepted for Medicine at UNSW ?
you're pissed? I'm pissed. I was one mark off being an all rounder ahhhh damn stupid examination conditions. I think I have posted my UAI before but I think this is to help develop SAM - so

Chem 87 History 89 Eng Ext 1 44 (AHHHHHH my internal mark was 47 :() Eng Adv 96 Eng 2 49 Legal 93

and from last year 93 for Maths, 45 for Ext 1 maths

UAI 98.75

heart

sm:)e
HSC
Chem: 93
English Adv: 93
Geography: 93
Maths X1: 95
Maths X2: 90
Agriculture: 95

SAM: 99.6
UAI: 99.7

gemblack88

HSC
gorgeous said:
its interesting to see how UAC decides everyones UAI's based on their choice of subjects, did anyone who did art/hospitality get over 90?? I bet you didnt, and its crap, those subjects are not any easier than others, they are just different, art for example, is exactly like history, but both ancient and modern are scaled better than it.

ALSO, since im on a whinge roll, i'd like to say that i think its crap that art students dont get their major work raw marks, ext 2 does, so whats the difference? i guess its a harder subject so they deserve the mark.

Everyone who didnt get a good UAI, dont stress, you can always take a year off, transfer, whatever, its not the end of the world, do you think when you graduate people will still be asking 'what was your UAI?'. I wish the entire class of 2005 the best of luck and i hope youre happy whichever path you choose to take. :)
Did Visual Arts (HSC mark = 93/100), 2005 UAI = 98.25

Sue87

HSC
Ancient History 100
English 90
English ext 1 45
English ext 2 48
Maths 94
Maths Ext 1 47
Modern History 96
Studies of Religion 47

SAM: 99.75
UAI: 99.6

Bit annoyed bout english. Anyone know how the hsc mark is worked out? My teacher said that the average mark in your school has something to do with it, and that it might have dragged me down a bit. Not that i'm complaining. this was waaayyy better than i expected

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Your hsc mark = the mark in the exam, your Assessment mark = your mark from your school. This is affected by your fellow students and your rank, the way it works is the person who is ranked first gets the top exam mark by anyone in their cohort as their asssessment mark.

Sue87

HSC
hmmm, that's what i thought. Since i came first in english and ext english, that must be my exam mark. oh well. guess i wasnt as good at english as i thought :) thanks

the_pun

HSC
Mathematics 2U - 97
Mathematics Extension 1 1U - 47
Music 1 2U - 96
Modern History 2U - 93
English Advanced 2U - 86
English Extension 1 1U - 46
Legal Studies 2U - 89

SAM - 98.7
UAI - 98.5

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
Wow

Is everyone on BOS just extra smart, or is just not everyone speaks up???
Anyway, CONGRATS PEOPLE. So good~~

HSC
well consider this (myself included i guess)

But only those people who care about their studies would ever come on here. thus these people probably are smart (not so much myself though) and would go alright in their hsc because they put in the effort.

those lacking in intelligence or dilligence would not visit BOS.

i remember coming on BOS everytime after my HSC exams trying to find comfort because i was so certain i had blown my chances of getting an ok UAI, but instead i would find people going on about how good they went and how many pages they wrote. some people seriously said they wrote 20-40 pages in 40 minutes!! is that even physically possible???

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
HNCS said:
Is everyone on BOS just extra smart, or is just not everyone speaks up???
Anyway, CONGRATS PEOPLE. So good~~
I think it's due to the fact that people who come here tend to be initially looking for study notes/assistance which shows some form of commitment/dedication to their results...

But then, I wouldn't be surprised if a few people didn't speak up; but can you blame them considering the enviornment?

*points at the poll on the front page regarding UAI* It would seem people here mainly are in the 95-99 category.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
something_funny said:
i remember coming on BOS everytime after my HSC exams trying to find comfort because i was so certain i had blown my chances of getting an ok UAI, but instead i would find people going on about how good they went and how many pages they wrote. some people seriously said they wrote 20-40 pages in 40 minutes!! is that even physically possible???
To be honest I think alot of the people who post crap like that are only trying to make themselves feel better. I remember saying that I found the IPT exam not to be easy, but rather it was more challenging than not- since I knew I had to write more and be more precise due to the nature that the exam was rather straightforward, but even then, I didn't feel that I had "aced" it like many other BoSers felt... So like you, it didn't leave me with a lot of confidence. But in the end, I got on the HSC Honour Roll for IPT.

Moral of that somewhat dodgy story is- Don't let BoSers scare you.

HSC
seremify007 said:
To be honest I think alot of the people who post crap like that are only trying to make themselves feel better. I remember saying that I found the IPT exam not to be easy, but rather it was more challenging than not- since I knew I had to write more and be more precise due to the nature that the exam was rather straightforward, but even then, I didn't feel that I had "aced" it like many other BoSers felt... So like you, it didn't leave me with a lot of confidence. But in the end, I got on the HSC Honour Roll for IPT.

Moral of that somewhat dodgy story is- Don't let BoSers scare you.

i'll try not to let BoSers scare me But it may be hard!!! those hardcore BoSers who have polls for their fav BoSer or best looking BoSer are quite intimidating!! i feel somewhat left out.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Back in 2002, my classmate Margaret Sarlej (Girraween High) got a 100.00 UAI. This year, her sister Anna (also of Girraween High) managed the same feat.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
something_funny said:
i'll try not to let BoSers scare me But it may be hard!!! those hardcore BoSers who have polls for their fav BoSer or best looking BoSer are quite intimidating!! i feel somewhat left out.
Are you serious? You're intimidated by people who feel the need to validate themselves via polls of an internet community?

Don't be scared.

Study-wise: You shouldn't be worried when you see people claiming they aced exams because a number of people are trying to comfort and convince themselves. Sure, there are quite a few BoSers who posted up high HSC marks and UAIs, but keep in mind that many of those who didn't perform as well don't want to post up their results. Also, BoS is not a representative of NSW students. You don't see a lot of low-achievers in these forums because they don't come here in the first place.

Otherwise: Don't be intimidated by BoS-popularity. Think about it, who cares if some random on the net doesn't think much of you? Most people here are very open and friendly. If you're constructive, helpful and treat others well, then you would have no trouble fitting in.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
So somenoe who says she gets a UAI 98 might have really gotten 99.95 but doesn't want to be too arrogant about it.
I really doubt that would happen.

You can get 100, tell everyone you got 100 and not be arrogant while doing it.

rama_v

HSC
KFunk said:
I can definately be happy with this one - UAI: 99.35

Marks: (for future SAMs and all that)
Chemistry - 90
English adv- 88
English ext 1 - 45
Math ext 1 - 97
Math ext 2 - 95
Physics - 93
Wow well done :D
Those are almost exactly the same a my marks, my uai was 99.35 as well:

Chem - 91 (didnt count)
2 U Maths - 97
Ext 1 Maths - 47/50
Physics - 93 (1 unit of physics counted)
Eng Adv - 89
IPT - 98
Modern History - 94

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)