What UTS is like (1 Viewer)

LolaBell

HSC
Hey guys,
I have UTS as one of my top preferences (science degree) and was just wondering what the university is like

Social life?
Good tutors/lecturers?
Food?
Good looking people?
Many old folk?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Social life is pretty good but it's quite a bit different to at other unis since you can't just go and sit on the grass lol (well you can, but it's not the same since it's small). I'd usually just go to the Glasshouse with friends during gaps, not neccesarily to drink every time but it is just a good spot. We don't have as many (or as big) events as UNSW or Usyd and same deal with societies, but bigger than most the other unis in Sydney. There is nothing stopping you going to other unis events either, i know a guy who transferred courses and unis from UTS to UNSW but it still involved with one of the societies at UTS lol. No complaints about tutors and lecturers for my course atleast. You get some good ones and some bad ones, same at any uni.

Because UTS is in the city food is not a problem, actually in the uni there isn't much selection as there is small food court but the places there arent bad. Most people just go to this kebab shop there and get chips or pide etc. because it's fairly cheap and good. Also reccomended to try there if you are ever really hungry or skipped a meal is a meat or chicken box lol, $9 for kebab meat and chips in an overfilled box. McDonalds, KFC, hot pot/other asian food, Subway, Madmex, Broadway shopping centre and Market City are all not very far away so you are spoiled for choice. There is also a place in building 6 (Design and architecture building) i have dubbed the hipster cafe haha, i haven't eaten but there are always people there so im guessing it's good.

I cant really comment about good looking people since i am a straight male in engineering haha. But there are plenty of good looking girls around, especially in building 6. When you say old folk do you mean mature age students? There are a few of them around like at any uni i guess - cant compare since i havent gone to another uni though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)