What Viva topic/s are you doing? (1 Viewer)

defyinggravity

HSC
i did my viva on wednesday and everything went well. the examiners were really nice and everything they asked was straight forward, right off the points i had on my sheet so if you know your content all should go well. btw my topic was how the themes in mark mancinas score for the film speed represents the action on screen

@elmafud- i love rent! unfortunately i did it as a topic in year 11 i wish i couldve dont it this year

brashay

HSC
im doing a viva on thursday and i have no idea on how to do it, im doing a song called "blackened sunrise" by viking skull

someone want to give me some help please, like how do i write out the concepts of the song etc

L-esky

HSC
I'm doing my first hsc viva tomorrow for my assessment for this term and I'm comparing and contrasting the music of the beatles from their early and late period with reference to she loves you and a day in the life.
its the longest viva title ever haha.

L-esky

HSC
I'm doing my first hsc viva tomorrow for my assessment for this term and I'm comparing and contrasting the music of the beatles from their early and late period with reference to she loves you and a day in the life.
its the longest viva title ever haha.

Mo-StGI

HSC
i'm analysing the influence of Metallica on Apocalyptica :guitar::guitar::guitar: :)

cherii2007

HSC
I went over my viva during music class today. My teacher says my topic needs to be more specific, but for now this is what it is: The individual style of lead guitar playing in alternative rock music. Then, from that topic (which is subject to change), I'll be discussing equipment stuff (pedals, amps, plectrums, capos, etc), methods to play- how lead guitars are usually played. Using excerpts as a means of contrast between alternative rock and a pop piece. Of course, techniques. Live examples. All, hopefully, I'll be able to throw in concepts and stuff to relate it back to both the question and the overall purpose of the viva.

She's looking at my viva again on Friday, and I'm worried. :S I know I have 3 nights (tutor tomorrow, so work is out of the question xD), but I feel like I need a LOT of information and it's overwhelming. Also, finding adequate examples for live examples, and excerpts. We had a viva assessment last year term 4, but those songs make me sad now, as I am reminded of the viva whenever I listen to them. :( I didn't get a good mark for that- my teacher said it was mostly because I didn't practice enough out loud, speaking. 3 weeks until this viva. Scary. I think it's 15% weighting.

cycosid

HSC
im a drummer doing two vivas aswell..
first one: the influence of the modern snaredrum on a drumline
second one: a comparison between modern bhangra and trad bhangra music

performing is my weak point, so hopfully the vivas will pull me through

eshdawg

HSC
I got 20/20 for all my Viva's so if anyone needs help just ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)