What was the last CD you bought? (1 Viewer)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
$67 @ JB while I was in Melbourne:

Jens Lekman - When I Said I Wanted To Be Your Dog (i'm really sad I didn't listen to this guy earlier, he's fantastic)

The Panics - Cruel Guards (was interested to see what they would do after 'Sleeps Like A Curse' which I loved)

Lightning Bolt - Lightning Bolt (the only CD they had by them so I just bought it anyway, then I found out it was a live album which is great because they really are crazy live)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
melimoo said:
yes yes! jens i love him and want to marry him
whats the new panics like?
I've listened though it about twice now and it's good, although it doesn't attain the heights of SLaC (My Best Mistake, The General Calling, etc). I'll need to listen to it a few more times to see what my fave tracks are and all that.

However, that'll have to be after I stop listening to Jens obsessively...do you have any other recommendations for singer-songwriter/lo-fi pop/depressing-and-optimistic-at-the-same-time type music? (have you listened to Magnetic Fields? They're really very similar)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
yeah, i'll def have to whip out sleeps like a curse again. many old memories associated with that one.

ive heard of magnetics fields but havent listened. the only similar artist i can think of right now is adam green. pretty much because they both make me chuckle. adam green is far more crass though, and a little less melodic than jens.

sophietheeskimo

HSC
A few months ago (its been a while becoz where i live we only have Sanity; who you have to order in CDs if you want anything other then Rhianna, the Pussy cat dolls or friken country)

SO i stocked up and bought Angus and Julia stone 'a book like this' Gotyes mixed blood (CONGRATZ WALLY ON YOUR ARIA) and clare bowditches autumn bone. PORT MAC FESTIVAL OF THE SUN WOOOOOOOO

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
melimoo said:
yeah, i'll def have to whip out sleeps like a curse again. many old memories associated with that one.

ive heard of magnetics fields but havent listened. the only similar artist i can think of right now is adam green. pretty much because they both make me chuckle. adam green is far more crass though, and a little less melodic than jens.
If you care, here are some songs by Magnetic Fields that you really have to listen to, I think (a magnetic fields mixtape of sorts, though not in any order):

Deep Sea Diving Suit
When You Were My Baby
100,000 Fireflies
Absolutely Cuckoo
I Think I Need A New Heart
Washington D.C
Candy
Born On a Train
If You Don't Cry
Yeah! Oh Yeah!
Underwear
Meaningless
Strange Powers
I Thought You Were My Boyfriend
Queen of The Savages
When My Boy Walks Down The Street
Lonely Highway
Railroad Boy
Take Ecstasty With Me
Bitter Tears
Zebra

Alternatively, you could just get 69 Love Songs, it's totally amazing.

Last edited:

Tita

HSC
The View - Hats off to the Buskers
Jet - Shine on
The Kinks - Best of

HSC
Live Artex - Damn Arms
..sadly the 4 major cd selling shops near me didn't have it so I had to resort to the sanity website.

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Bob Dylan - Bringin' it all back home
The Wrens - The Meadowlands
Sufjan Stevens - A Sun Came
Squarepusher - Hello Everything

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Origions of symetry - Muse
It was the last album of theres didn't have and I only bougt it for $10!!!!

killyridols

HSC
i just got os mutantes- a divina comedia ou ando meio desligado on the weekend plus some joy division and serge gainsbourg
kinda disappointed by the os mutantes album . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)