What we need to know for King Lear... (1 Viewer)

el!!!

HSC
Does anyone know just what we r meant to know for king Lear - do we need our own intertretation, other readings e.g. marxist feminist etc, different productions or just what? All the English teachers at our school are shit and didn't teach us anything so an idea of what we need to know would be gr8!!!! thx

white ferret

HSC
everything? coz apparently, the questions can vary HEAPS and be quite specific.

kangms

HSC
You DEFINITELY need to know your own interpretations-since thats what markers want..Plus "others perspective of the text and test these against their own understanding and interpretations of the text"

seperatevolume

HSC
My teacher reckons you only need to have like 1 or 2 sentences on any production you choose. Which I reckon is bullshit. Damn her.

sam-i-am..

HSC
so we need to know productions and their view i.e marxist, christian, feminist etc? if so how many? 2 or 3??

munchkink8

HSC
Your main focus has to be your interpretation, not others. I got 20/20 for my Lear essay in the trials and it was marked by the Head of English who has also marked HSC, and I don't mention other people's interpretations at all. You basically just need your interpretation, and a couple of sentences perhaps from another one just backing up what you're saying. Like, "I see A1S1 as........ this is supported by Brook in his production where Lear is shown to be...." sort of thing. Do not base your essay on other people's interpretations, you will get fucked over big time! Your first priority is evidence from the text itself, and then you can support it a bit with a reference to a production.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)