What will be asked this year? (1 Viewer)

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
2S1D3 said:
I have a feeling that they will ask something about the work of an Australian male or female scientist.
I think there was one showing the work of two Australian scientists and asking questions on it in the 2006 paper...

I'm hoping they ask simple things like transportation of stuff in the body and stuff on ectotherms and endotherms.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
dolbinau said:
91!

But our option was substituted (although that's where I lost all my marks, LOL: I didn't know Myopia/Hyperopia) but I'm a little more confident now. 3 days to study and I shall be right.
lol i got 91 too :p

BlueGiraffe

HSC
2S1D3 said:
I have a feeling that they will ask something about the work of an Australian male or female scientist.
Ok I have really not learnt anything in class all year, I crammed like crazy just before the trial and ended up with 83%, but all that info seems to have leaked out my ears or something. If they ask us about that ^^^ do we need a contemporary one or do we use the macfarlane guy????
Man I am nervous....

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yup, I'm thinking cervical vaccination or equine influenza/quarantine for the 8 marker.

barry1

HSC
Hmm...people seem to be forgetting about Watson and Cricks work i mean it hasn't been asked since 2003! (expect an 8 marker) also yh there is a recurring pattern of questions for the bio papers ( i was padantic enough to list every question from the last 4 years CORE ONLY of the bio HSC papers) and have come up with a brief pattern of questions (pm me for a list) i'll be on later.

Katieeee

HSC
forkyspoony18 said:
I agree with one of the above posts that there will be a question on equine influenza. My bio teacher has been saying all year that there will probably be a question on the cervical cancer vaccination too.
We had a question on the cervical cancer vaccination in our trial, was a few parts to it, I think worth 5/6 altogether.

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
WHATS ALL THIS CERVICAL CANCER AND EQUINE INFLUENZA questions? i havent even considered these two? any examples of possible questions

thxs

Kujah

HSC
N/A
imqt said:
WHATS ALL THIS CERVICAL CANCER AND EQUINE INFLUENZA questions? i havent even considered these two? any examples of possible questions

thxs
Not based on knowledge but links, implications and key concepts.

forkyspoony18

HSC
imqt said:

thxs
The cervical cancer one would just be like getting you to talk about the effectiveness of vaccination and how it works using the cervical cancer vaccine as an example (dont worry, you wouldnt have to know anything about the particular vaccine, just the proccess of vaccination).

As for the equine influenza, they would be probably be getting you to evaluate the effectiveness of Australias quarantine methods.

Hope that helps.

forkyspoony18

HSC
Alex499 said:
well I was in the car with my mum the other day and she was listening to some crappy talkback AM radio show. Anyway this lady rang up and said she wrote the Biology HSC paper for this year. And the lame radio guy was like "any advice for any biology students out there" and she just said that there's nothing that hasn't been tested before.
Good thing I've just been doing past papers.

Lots of people write the questions for the paper. Not just one person. My teacher was telling me that teachers or scientists make up questions then submit them, and then they get evaluated to see if they are suitable. Then if they choose to include the question that you made up then you get paid for it.

frogbutt

Ugliest Member
HSC
what prac do people think?

the enzyme ones haven't been covered properly in the last couple of years....oh wait. there was something like that in 07.

ok well they seem to like the CO2 pH one so maybe that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)