What will happen if? (1 Viewer)

baderalduja

HSC
N/A
What will happen if, for example, I get like 60% in one of my HSC exams while I have about 93% in the same subject? what about moderation, how is it going to be working in this case? :cry:
Thank you

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
50% assessment, 50% external exam.

60 + 93 / 2 = 76.5 as your hsc mark.

Then comes scaling bla bla bla. Which then all goes towards your final ATAR.

jessxxxr

HSC
50% assessment, 50% external exam.

60 + 93 / 2 = 76.5 as your hsc mark.

Then comes scaling bla bla bla. Which then all goes towards your final ATAR.
that's not right lol, it depends on what your rank is in that subject, for your assessment mark you get the external mark of your rank not the 93%

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
that's not right lol, it depends on what your rank is in that subject, for your assessment mark you get the external mark of your rank not the 93%
oh yeah my bad, forgot all about rankings bla bla bla >.< haha.

baderalduja

HSC
N/A
Thank you guys :)

I came 1st with a final mark of 93% (school assessment mark) in the subject (IPT) at school

Last edited:

bikinigal

HSC
N/A
Thank you guys :)

I came 1st with a final mark of 93% (school assessment mark) in the subject (IPT) at school
The school assessment mark is totally irrelevant to you as you are ranked 1st which means the highest HSC exam mark achieved in your class will be assigned to you as your assessment mark, you will keep your own exam mark (as will the person who achieved the assessment mark you received keep it as THEIR exam mark). The average of those two marks then becomes your HSC Mark - they are all reported on the Record of Achievement you receive with your HSC testamur.

baderalduja

HSC
N/A
this means that my final hsc mark will be the result of adding both school assessment mark and hsc exam mark then the outcome is divided by 2 to finally get in band 4...right?

bikinigal

HSC
N/A
this means that my final hsc mark will be the result of adding both school assessment mark and hsc exam mark then the outcome is divided by 2 to finally get in band 4...right?
OK, you've almost got it - it has NOTHING to do with your SCHOOL assessment mark, only your moderated assessment mark &, as you are ranked 1st you will get the highest exam mark (aligned) for this mark. Now, there isn't a lot of IPT raw info to go off but I know that a 64 raw last year aligned to a 79. That's a high band 4 right there. Your final band will depend, as I said above, on the highest exam mark as you ranked 1st. So, if the top raw mark in your class is high, it is feasible that you could walk away with a high B5. You'll have to wait for your results. However, if you believe YOU have received the highest exam mark in your cohort, you will walk away with a B4.

I hope that makes sense...

baderalduja

HSC
N/A
OK, you've almost got it - it has NOTHING to do with your SCHOOL assessment mark, only your moderated assessment mark &, as you are ranked 1st you will get the highest exam mark (aligned) for this mark. Now, there isn't a lot of IPT raw info to go off but I know that a 64 raw last year aligned to a 79. That's a high band 4 right there. Your final band will depend, as I said above, on the highest exam mark as you ranked 1st. So, if the top raw mark in your class is high, it is feasible that you could walk away with a high B5. You'll have to wait for your results. However, if you believe YOU have received the highest exam mark in your cohort, you will walk away with a B4.

I hope that makes sense...
yes thank u..that can give me a hope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)