What will happen to my WAM? (1 Viewer)

Hatake88

HSC
Hi guys,
I have two scenarios for you. Please help as this will influence on my final course choice (though I've enrolled in both).

(a) Bachelor of Resource Economics -> Bachelor of Commerce
Same university but different course. Will be applying for exemption for 5 subjects. Will my WAM reset?

(b) Bachelor of Resource Economics -> Bachelor of Laws/Arts
Different university and obviously very different course. Will be applying for general credit but not exemption. Will my WAM reset? I was told by the university I am planning to transfer into that my WAM will be reset at least internally but they are unsure about externally too.

Thanks guys!

Alkanes

HSC
a) WAM will not reset.

b) Yes WAM will reset at different university.

Hatake88

HSC
Thanks for the response. If I transfer back to the first university (my end goal), will my reset-ed WAM be calculated or will my previous WAM be calculated as well?

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the response. If I transfer back to the first university (my end goal), will my reset-ed WAM be calculated or will my previous WAM be calculated as well?
The units you did at USYD will stay in the database. But, I think if you re-enroll, it might not count.
The best thing you could do is actually call the business school and ask. Because your matter is different from usual questions - you plan to transfer back into usyd law I assume?

They are probably unsure about 'external' WAM because - when you give in transcripts to employers, you will probably need to give your usyd ones too (if you had units credited).

Anyways, good luck! Hopefully you do really well in whatever you choose :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)