What will my degree cost? (1 Viewer)

bangladesh

HSC
Hey ya'll 2014ers.

I know you're all caught up with hsc. But take a look at this website whenever you're procrastinating and it'll tell you how much extar you'll have to pay if the new budget goes through.

http://www.whatwillmydegreecost.com.au/

I'm not the person who made this website/have nothing to do with it. I just wanted to inform you all of what is going to happen..

D94

HSC
N/A
I knew when I read the title of this thread that you were going to put that link in it. Saw it pop up on Facebook :detective:

The website was made/authorised by the Greens.

bangladesh

HSC
I knew when I read the title of this thread that you were going to put that link in it. Saw it pop up on Facebook :detective:

The website was made/authorised by the Greens.
Is there a problem with that?

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The figures used in this site created by the Greens are completely politically motivated guesswork.

The figures are not reliable. Universities will determine their own fees and they have not yet set any new fees, indeed no legislation has even passed the parliament. Also fees are likely to differ between universities.

Also remember that any changes don't take effect until 2016.

Do not make decisions about your courses and future study based on information provided on that website. Very irresponsible of the Greens.

Last edited:

bangladesh

HSC
Yeah, sure these figures won't reflect the actual figures. But they do give you a rough estimate of what is going to happen. It's a loss/loss situation for ALL students.

D94

HSC
N/A
Is there a problem with that?
No (you clearly didn't read that like how it was meant to be expressed). If you were referring to my first line, that was just an observation. If it was my second line, that was for the benefit of others since it is not your website.

Having said that, as a caveat, the website is definitely a ploy for votes - not saying there's necessarily a problem with that, just to be clear. Labor and the Greens have the majority in the Senate, so the bill will not likely pass, so whatever the calculations show won't actually happen.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

that's not so bad

it doesn't seem like the protesters are fighting for much. i thought an engineering degree would cost 1076 4/subject x 4 subject/sem x 2 sem/year x 4 years = $34K

Last edited:

bangladesh

HSC
No (you clearly didn't read that like how it was meant to be expressed). If you were referring to my first line, that was just an observation. If it was my second line, that was for the benefit of others since it is not your website.

Having said that, as a caveat, the website is definitely a ploy for votes - not saying there's necessarily a problem with that, just to be clear. Labor and the Greens have the majority in the Senate, so the bill will not likely pass, so whatever the calculations show won't actually happen.
haha yeah.. there was like two ways in which i could interpret your sentence and i think i picked the wrong one. But yeah, i defs agree that it's a ploy for votes, but regardless of anything, it still is a good breakdown of what is actually going to change. Mmmhm i really hope it doesn't pass..

D94

HSC
N/A
http://postimage.org/]http://s8.postimg.org/66l9n8oh1/Capture.png

that's not so bad

it doesn't seem like the protesters are fighting for much. i thought an engineering degree would cost 1076 4/subject x 4 subject/sem x 2 sem/year x 4 years = $34K[/QUOTE]

That's because you started before May 2014. Another point of their protest is for the students who are in high school, who can't really protest.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
That's because you started before May 2014. Another point of their protest is for the students who are in high school, who can't really protest.
well i don't have to worry so idc

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC

that's not so bad

it doesn't seem like the protesters are fighting for much. i thought an engineering degree would cost 1076 4/subject x 4 subject/sem x 2 sem/year x 4 years = $34K
nah
my degree was estimated to cost at least 30000 more or something
it definitely depends on your degree, for example:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
nah
my degree was estimated to cost at least 30000 more or something
it definitely depends on your degree, for example:

nigga damm.

is that degree like combined law/med/actuary/engg?

Does that apply to me?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
nigga damm.

is that degree like combined law/med/actuary/engg?

Does that apply to me?
that's not mine, that's a friend's but i think they want to get into medical research?

i have no idea, but deregulation is pretty scary. considering there's less funding for universities (thx tone <3), they HAVE to lift their fees to sustain current resources and get new resources, etc., otherwise there's no other viable solution for the unis to run :(

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
that's not mine, that's a friend's but i think they want to get into medical research?

i have no idea, but deregulation is pretty scary. considering there's less funding for universities (thx tone <3), they HAVE to lift their fees to sustain current resources and get new resources, etc., otherwise there's no other viable solution for the unis to run :(
but wouldn't his/her starting salary be more than $60k?

I understand universities are businesses and they have to make money. but take UNSW for example, someone pointed out to me that there are about 40K students x average $200K per student you will be getting $8000000000 over the time of the degree ($2 bill/year). the uni doesn't need that much for operational income

Still doesn't affect me

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Law is from $49,000 before - $182,292 after...

Lies...

I'm owing about $58,000 this year (it's my final year...) that's just from the law degree... not to mention my other degree (about $12k) so all up I am owing about $70k... not to mention PLT (which will be another $10k in FEE-HELP)

#generic-fear-mongering-by-the-Greens

fuckers can't even get the present fees for law right... :blink2:

Last edited:

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
it's sad that nowadays education can be profited from
it's also not about profits - it's about funding research so Australian unis can have a presence on internet rankings like QS which all use research as a major ranking factor

it's literally about making the unis more prestigious on a global scale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)