what would a 32 raw mark in chemistry get scaled to? (1 Viewer)

sab13562

HSC
Let's suppose you are rank 1st internally. You come second place in HSC with a mark of 96 whereas the person who came 1st in the HSC examination got a mark of 98. Because you are ranked 1st internally, 98 (1st place in HSC would become your internal mark), therefore your overall mark would be the average of 96 and 98, that is 97. And now because you placed 2nd in the HSC exam, your mark of 96 would become the 2nd persons internal mark. So the person who came 2nd internally would get a mark of the average of 96 and 98 as well, that is 97. So basically both of you guys will get the same overall mark.

Wdym by fair. It's fair because even though you performed well internally, you kinda slacked off externally whereas the other person who slacked off internally did beast externally, so therefore you guys get the same overall mark.

Someone correct me if I am wrong

EDIT: BY SLACK OFF I DONT MEAN YOU DIDNT WORK HARD. I JUST MEAN YOU CAME 2ND LMAO
Ah I see. Thank you. I mean lets say student 2 worked hard and got 95, whilst i got 96, but then he got 98 and i got 96 in the exam, he obviously worked harder if you know what I mean.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
Yea like can you not be beaten in overall marks? Even if you get smoked by someone else in externals?
yeahhh idek

ugh i thought coming first meant that you would have like a safety net if you copped a bad external mark but with what everyone's saying on here i guess that's not true. What's even the point in coming first then, like everyone was so competitive the whole year so I'm wondering what's the actual benefit of it?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
kk

So if you come first internally you are not guaranteed highest overall mark?
If you come first internally, you will have maximised your chances of achieving a favourable Assessment Mark, which contributes 50% towards your overall mark (the technical name for which is HSC mark). Until this point, you have only worked towards 50% of your overall mark.

What is left is to sit the HSC exam, which contributes the other 50% towards your overall mark in a particular subject. Performance in the HSC exam is independent/unaffected by your rank relative to your cohort and your school rank. It depends solely on your own performance and is also subject to alignment.

Once you have completed both components, the relevant processes will be applied (including moderation and alignment). Your results will eventually be formatted as follows:

1635320358342.png

As you can see the HSC mark is the student's final mark for a particular subject. This mark is the average of the student's Assessment Mark and Examination Mark. In this example, the student's Assessment Mark for Mathematics Extension 2 is 84, and their Examination Mark is 80. Therefore, their HSC Mark is

vishnay

God
HSC
yeahhh idek

ugh i thought coming first meant that you would have like a safety net if you copped a bad external mark but with what everyone's saying on here i guess that's not true. what even was the point in coming first then, like everyone was so competitive the whole year so I'm wondering what's the actual benefit of it?
you get the best internal mark

uniqueusername1

HSC
So even if you don't rank first you can technically get the highest overall mark?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)