what would a 32 raw mark in chemistry get scaled to? (1 Viewer)

uniqueusername1

HSC
AHAHA they'll be helping me for the first year to live on campus and then once I've gotten a job and saved up, the rest of my years, I'll leave in a cheap apartment nearby 🤣
Yikes. Yikes. Bro Idk about that one lol.

Assuming your rent is $200 (more extreme - probs more lol), food cost weekly $100 and outings money $50.

You are gonna have to be making minimum $400. Thats kinda hard as a student especially if your earning like $20-$25 and doing law.

specificagent1

HSC

Assuming your rent is $200 (more extreme - probs more lol), food cost weekly $100 and outings money $50.

You are gonna have to be making minimum $400. Thats kinda hard as a student especially if your earning like $20-$25 and doing law.
work for the uni to get good pay

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC

AHAHA omgg yeah I haven't really thought it through 🥲

um it'll work out somehow

also wouldn't renting be cheaper esp if you're sharing with other ppl

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Consistent with what tito981 mentioned, the Assessment Mark is subject to the moderation process. If a student is ranked first, their Assessment Mark will be adjusted to equal the highest Examination Mark, which can be achieved by either themselves or any other student in their cohort.

In your example, the student is ranked first, meaning the above moderation rule applies. This means that if they receive 99 as their Examination Mark, their Assessment Mark will also be 99, ultimately leading to a 99 as their HSC mark (final mark) in that particular subject.
What happens if a student did bad in all 3 assessments leading up to the HSC and does completely well in the HSC with a HSC Mark of 90+

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
If you come first internally, you will have maximised your chances of achieving a favourable Assessment Mark, which contributes 50% towards your overall mark (the technical name for which is HSC mark). Until this point, you have only worked towards 50% of your overall mark.

What is left is to sit the HSC exam, which contributes the other 50% towards your overall mark in a particular subject. Performance in the HSC exam is independent/unaffected by your rank relative to your cohort and your school rank. It depends solely on your own performance and is also subject to alignment.

Once you have completed both components, the relevant processes will be applied (including moderation and alignment). Your results will eventually be formatted as follows:

View attachment 32958

As you can see the HSC mark is the student's final mark for a particular subject. This mark is the average of the student's Assessment Mark and Examination Mark. In this example, the student's Assessment Mark for Mathematics Extension 2 is 84, and their Examination Mark is 80. Therefore, their HSC Mark is

What’s E3 Mean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)