What would this mark align to?? (1 Viewer)

stillthinkin

HSC
I was just wondering what a raw mark of 92 for the exam would align to, this is what I got for trials but I've been studying like crazy and I think I might be able to crack a 95 if I go hard between now and the exam.

Thoughts?

stillthinkin

HSC
Last I checked it was 111 and the highest mark for modern we've every received was a 95.

enoilgam

HSC
I was just wondering what a raw mark of 92 for the exam would align to, this is what I got for trials but I've been studying like crazy and I think I might be able to crack a 95 if I go hard between now and the exam.

Thoughts?
If you get 92/100 that should align to around 95/100 (however, aligning standards can vary quite a bit depending on the difficulty of the exam). Just keep in mind that some schools mark quite a bit easier than the HSC markers. So that 92/100 on the trials might not necessarily be a 92 at HSC level. However, given that you are coming first at a school ranked 111, there is a strong chance that your school marked the papers to a HSC standard.

stillthinkin

HSC
Will the differences between my rank and the one below me make a huge difference, because I am the outlier in my cohort, the mark below me was an 85. So if my cohort does not perform as well as I do, does it bring me down at all? Again I'm still not very sure about the scaling aspect.

enoilgam

HSC
Will the differences between my rank and the one below me make a huge difference, because I am the outlier in my cohort, the mark below me was an 85. So if my cohort does not perform as well as I do, does it bring me down at all? Again I'm still not very sure about the scaling aspect.
If you get the highest external mark - they wont affect you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)