• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What would you do...(Law at UWS or Engineering at UNSW) (1 Viewer)

vickular

HSC
N/A
For the main round I received an offer for engineering at UNSW. Natually I was quite happy as it was my first preference. But I received an offer for B Commerce and Law at UWS for the late rounds and now I'm stuck between the two choices.

To be frank I have no idea what I want to be in the future. I only chose engineering because I quite enjoy constructing things and of the employment opportunities. (I'll say Mythbusters was a huge influence as well...which is depressing.)

Law was like my 5th preference...I only put it there to fill space. I personally don't think it's all that exciting...though I'm quite bias cause it's UWS (sorry).

My parents think Law may be a better choice because UWS is so much closer then UNSW and the fact that double degree = wider range in jobs -> more job opportunties. They also reckon that a girl (since I'm a girl) may be less suited to engineering...I think there's some truth there.

I really don't know what to choose - I don't want to choose one path only to regret it later on in life.

So what would you do if you were in my place? Do enlighten me with your opinions and ideas...I am in desperate need of them.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
I only chose engineering because I quite enjoy constructing things and of the employment opportunities. (I'll say Mythbusters was a huge influence as well...which is depressing.)

Law was like my 5th preference...I only put it there to fill space. I personally don't think it's all that exciting.... My parents think Law may be a better choice
As soon as I read your comments above, I knew immediately that you should go with what you think you will enjoy, rather than that your parents think is better for you. It's not even a choice, really.

HSC
As soon as I read your comments above, I knew immediately that you should go with what you think you will enjoy, rather than that your parents think is better for you. It's not even a choice, really.
i agree

piitb

HSC
i'd go with UWS, coz the sandwiches my mom makes for me would be much fresher when i get to uni.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Law was like my 5th preference...I only put it there to fill space. I personally don't think it's all that exciting...though I'm quite bias cause it's UWS (sorry).

My parents think Law may be a better choice because UWS is so much closer then UNSW and the fact that double degree = wider range in jobs -> more job opportunties. They also reckon that a girl (since I'm a girl) may be less suited to engineering...I think there's some truth there.
For fuck's sake, why on earth would you be in a state of indecision about your 5th preference? At UWS of all places?

Look, its true that if you do engineering at unsw, you'er going to be inundated with a 5-year-long sausagefest because barely any girls do engineering. But you said it yourself.... You're biased towards UWS?

Stop wandering around in confusion and pick the degree that YOU actually want to do.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
i'd chose engineering at UNSW over law at USYD/UNSW/UTS/MACQ/UWS any day....but that's just because i'm a maths/science person and hate reading/writing essays....

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
For fuck's sake, why on earth would you be in a state of indecision about your 5th preference? At UWS of all places?

Look, its true that if you do engineering at unsw, you'er going to be inundated with a 5-year-long sausagefest because barely any girls do engineering. But you said it yourself.... You're biased towards UWS?

Stop wandering around in confusion and pick the degree that YOU actually want to do.
Usually 4 years.

i'd chose engineering at UNSW over law at USYD/UNSW/UTS/MACQ/UWS any day....but that's just because i'm a maths/science person and hate reading/writing essays....

lou071

HSC
N/A
For the main round I received an offer for engineering at UNSW. Natually I was quite happy as it was my first preference. But I received an offer for B Commerce and Law at UWS for the late rounds and now I'm stuck between the two choices.

To be frank I have no idea what I want to be in the future. I only chose engineering because I quite enjoy constructing things and of the employment opportunities. (I'll say Mythbusters was a huge influence as well...which is depressing.)

I really don't know what to choose - I don't want to choose one path only to regret it later on in life.

So what would you do if you were in my place? Do enlighten me with your opinions and ideas...I am in desperate need of them.
you said you were quite happy when you got offer from unsw engineering, so why don't you go to unsw? it doesn't matter if engineering suits more to boys.
if you like it, go for it!:)
if i were you, i would do engineering for job opportunities.

lionking1191

HSC
do combined law/engo degree

problem solved =)
thats considerably harder than getting UWS law

OP said it himself. u have no interest in law so why do law? you are going to uni, not your parents. and UWS of all places, i don't see what the dilemma is.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
thats considerably harder than getting UWS law

OP said it himself. u have no interest in law so why do law? you are going to uni, not your parents. and UWS of all places, i don't see what the dilemma is.
Herself. That's part of her post, didn't you read it? She's also questioning herself, as she doubts her suitability for engineering because she's a female. (Which I think is silly, I'd go for engineering.)

piitb

HSC
UWS coz its law, u cant beat law, listen to your mom she always knows best and bonus it will make her more happy

lionking1191

HSC
Herself. That's part of her post, didn't you read it? She's also questioning herself, as she doubts her suitability for engineering because she's a female. (Which I think is silly, I'd go for engineering.)
oops caught me there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)