What would you do???? (1 Viewer)

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
im in year 10 at the moment, and made it into hurstone agriculture....i go to fairfield pats nad its ranked like 134 in the state while hurlstone is 27.....so should i go...like its way futher away from my house and i have to leave all my friends....what would u do in my position???

mishka

HSC
N/A
if you're happy where you are and you want to stay, stay. Year 11 and 12 is a good time to have some friends around and if you go to the new school you will have to make new ones.

The reason I would go is because it is a good school and produces some good results. If you're willing to sacrifice your friends for that, do it.

If it were me, I would be really scared to start at a new school so late in the game. :) Good luck with it though, and remember that it's an achievement getting an offer for Hurlstone for year 11 entry. Supposedly it's really competitive. :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
drynxz said:
im in year 10 at the moment, and made it into hurstone agriculture....i go to fairfield pats nad its ranked like 134 in the state while hurlstone is 27.....so should i go...like its way futher away from my house and i have to leave all my friends....what would u do in my position???
I was in the same postion as you, but i decided to leave because i need a uai of 97+. I got accepted into penrith selective last month im going because one of my friends is going to go there aswell. Just use msn and stay in contact with your friends and see them on the weekends etc. But its all up to you really unless your parents are going to force you to go.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
mishka said:
remember that it's an achievement getting an offer for Hurlstone for year 11 entry
Not really.....

but dude, I'd go, Hurlstones not a bad place. I know a few people around there and its my closest school, even though I dont go there. Just depends on how far you wanna stick your hand up a cows arse.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
What sort of UAI do u need? What are future career(s) are u interested in? maybe you should think about a few of these things before you decide. Im only going to a selective school because i need a high uai and my schools pretty crap the highest UAI at my school is like 93.7 its ranked 200+. Maybe just try out the new school for a little while and then go back, get your friends to get msn or something like that then you can always stay in contact, see them after school etc. I spent a month weighing up the pro's and con's before accepting to go to penrith selective, it was a pretty hard choice for me. But it all comes down to you everyone will give their own opinion and their set of pro's and con's but it will just make your decision harder. Talk to your parents, maybe even your teachers or careers advisor. Some of the teachers at my school *off the record* told me to go to a better school.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
drynxz said:
I'm not sure if going to a new school so late in the game is a good idea, as you'll have the added stresses of making new friends and settling into a new environment. You should be able to do well in your HSC even if your school is ranked 134 instead of 27th. Remember it's not your school that's going to make you successful but yourself and your own hard work.

myvalentine2007

HSC
If I were you, I would go.

You can always make new friends.
Congrats for making it to Hurlstone anyway.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
Thx...ii kinda accidently got in lol....test was bloody easy....easier than school cert i thought..

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Depends how much you value your friends. Take them out of the equation and I would suggest you go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)