• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What would you like to see on BOS 2005? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The current software mustn't allow for it, otherwise I'm sure Laz would have done it already.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
justin back me up with one spam thread in each forum, to keep spam out everywhere else! :uhhuh:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
justin back me up with one spam thread in each forum, to keep spam out everywhere else! :uhhuh:
As I've said I don't have a problem with it, but each moderator has their own interpretation of the rules.:)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
^^ to both above

2 above (without wings) - that's right but
jhakka - yeah that's right. you can't stack quotes and reply to all of them

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I don't know if these have already been mentioned, I cbf reading through this thread

Non-school reps not counting. People being rewarded for spam is like an insult to those actually making useful posts in subject forums.

People keep asking for uni resources. I don't see how that could ever be thorough or useful. I really think the uni aspect should stay with just the uni forums.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i dunno how easy or how much it would affect the site, but wat about proper defined study groups in the forum, where a bunch of people can get together and ask each other questions, set lil tasks, etc.

thats my 2c worth :D

J

jhakka

That seems like something mods of individual forums could work out at any time. However, sub forums for such groups would be something admins would have to do.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
A giant clean out of 2004 and earlier juck. Keep the good stuff, just nuke NS etc ...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I agree. Clean up the 302 thousand threads in NS and start over. Each thread has been done over probably 100 times each. Its clogging up the server...

I don't know what you guys think of this idea, but how about making the forum invisible to guests? I've noticed each day that we have roughly 200 people on the site, approximatley 100 of whom are guests. Ie. they don't post or contribute, they just leech. Same goes for resources.

I just feel its a little unfair that there are so many people wondering around BoS without contributing and just taking resources or not posting.....

perhaps a little self-centered but I've become very attached to the forums.... :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
ujuphleg said:
I don't know what you guys think of this idea, but how about making the forum invisible to guests?
It was discussed briefly...but this is a help site, everyone is meant to get helpif they want. Think of it as a try before you buy way, except you don't have to pay for it. If people had to register before they even knew what they were getting into, 99% won't bother and the forums would be very quiet.

J

jhakka

If we do that, the rest of the forums will go down the crapper. Keep NS, but I would consider deleting or archiving all the threads in there.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
keep NS

and get rid of the 10characters maximum limit :p

edit ^^ wasn't a joke, i'm serious, what's the point of it being there when we just type crap like adasda to fill up the post

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Give me a Licence to Thrill *ooh yeah* *Thrusts pelvis in general direction*

rumour

HSC
Move all the resources that are posted in the forums & put them into the resources section!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)