What would you like to see on BOS 2005? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't members just make threads with links to their offerings, then the threadstarter gets repped many a time, and people can rate the thread (though I suspect no one ever does).

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Komaticom said:
Don't members just make threads with links to their offerings, then the threadstarter gets repped many a time, and people can rate the thread (though I suspect no one ever does).
What ive never heard of that before

Bare_Essentials

THE Bridget Jones
HSC
More resources for certain subjects such as

English: In the Skin of a Lion by Michael Ondaatje. Surely there are other schools that study it aside from just my class?

Modern History: Compared to some of the other subjects the resources that are there for modern are lacking. Some are however extremely good =)

Like someone said....rating the resources. Especially notes would be quite usefull.

More band 6 responses for all subjects. Most responses are for 2002 HSC. It'd be nice to get some responses to the latest HSC paper.

Resources for uni students to post their notes would be good too. I've got some stuff from friends even though i'm not even doing those courses. If it'd help others doing that course it's be good to upload them.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Bare_Essentials said:
More resources for certain subjects such as

English: In the Skin of a Lion by Michael Ondaatje. Surely there are other schools that study it aside from just my class?

Modern History: Compared to some of the other subjects the resources that are there for modern are lacking. Some are however extremely good =)

Like someone said....rating the resources. Especially notes would be quite usefull.

More band 6 responses for all subjects. Most responses are for 2002 HSC. It'd be nice to get some responses to the latest HSC paper.

Resources for uni students to post their notes would be good too. I've got some stuff from friends even though i'm not even doing those courses. If it'd help others doing that course it's be good to upload them.
I agree with u, the only problem is the only way we get resources is by people submitting them, so get people u know submitting their resources :)

The Uni resources forum is a good idea :uhhuh:

sladehk

le random
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
oooh I have another idea!

We should be able to comment on the resources. If something is good, we could give it a 5/5 or something. Than ppl would know which resources are good or craptastic...etc
You can already submit resources to BoS, but they could make a system that is more integrated into forum. As in the could got a section at the bottom called "Resources" which is also like a forum in itself except you only get the subfolders and etc like this:

BoS:
Yr10
>English
> Maths
> Science
> History
> Geography
etc...
Yr11
>2EN
> Standard
> Advanced
etc...
Yr12
etc...
Uni
etc...

People can rate and also add comments to each resource

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For the high school resources you'll need to again split sections for different states (HSC, VCE, etc).

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I know there's a VCE section. My post was referring to sladehk's post "275" about resources being more integral into the forum.

Bare_Essentials

THE Bridget Jones
HSC
Can we also have people posting up their exam papers from half yearlies, trials etc? Cause there is a lack of lot of papers to use for practise aside from the general past HSC paper.

Melsc I'm waitin till the holidays to organise all my notes etc and then i'll post the stuff I havent already posted since last year.

It's annoying however to keep posting stuff and not have others do it. Maybe it's me but I've noticed in the resource section for subjects i'm doing there's not been a single post for for resources in 2005. Maybe there are others out there like me who are still getting their act organised but there are some people out there with the attitude that they can take other people's work and do nothing for themselves or others in turn.

Which could explain why I'm wary to post some of my stuff until after HSC because i've seen people stealing ideas nearly word for word and then the person who's done the work having to re-do parts or at times entire essays to avoid repetition.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
What would you like to see on BOS 2005? [2 marks]

The introduction of several new usergroups would be nice.
I seriously don't see what the point is of creating these groups. If it's to reward the people who contribute, then I think that while these people are being rewarded it gives them a superiority complex. If it's to show people that they have been recognised for their efforts and that they know what they're talking about, it tends to make them feel as if their opinion is the only right one, and this is not always true (especially on subjective issues such as love and relationships). If it's so that they can report posts, we already have moderators and benefactors for that.
< /$0.02>

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I dont know if anyone has said this, but how about allowing thread starters to add a poll after the thread has already been created, in cases where they forgot to put one in. This would reduce the # of ppl asking mods to create a poll for them.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
you can ask mods to post a poll for u?
yes HSC_sUcKsSsS u can ask a mod 2 do a poll for you. they can do anything 4 u if u need help-u mite hav 2 b patient sometimes tho

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
melsc said:
The Uni resources forum is a good idea :uhhuh:
The peoblem with uni resources is that there are so many courses, at so many unis, that there would only end up being one or two things for each course. Better to put these kinds of things into the uni forums themselves.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
McLake said:
The peoblem with uni resources is that there are so many courses, at so many unis, that there would only end up being one or two things for each course. Better to put these kinds of things into the uni forums themselves.
i respect ur opinion, but for the more popular courses like Business , Law, Medicine, IT and the other popular ones there would be enough resources in each to make it valid, it would also be an idea to have structured essays and stuff

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
And then plagirism becomes an issue. And if other schools are anything like CSE @ UNSW, plagrism detection is a lot more sophisticated at uni then high school ...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
McLake said:
And then plagirism becomes an issue. And if other schools are anything like CSE @ UNSW, plagrism detection is a lot more sophisticated at uni then high school ...
Yeah, but those ppl that plagarise are the only ppl that are gonna get in shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)