What you definitely got wrong and why. (1 Viewer)

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
I'm just curious, what questions did you guys definitey get wrong?
I'll start off

Q2- Somehow I mistook "Darwin and Wallace" for "Crick and Watson" so I put B

Q12- Mistake, I thought it meant water concentration

Q28i)ii)&iii) I just didn't see it, I did in the 5 mins but forgot at the end (I walked out early)

Crossing over- I just didn't know it

I think there was one or two more but I'll think of them in a moment.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Oso said:
I'll start off

Q2- Somehow I mistook "Darwin and Wallace" for "Crick and Watson" so I put B

Q12- Mistake, I thought it meant water concentration

Q28i)ii)&iii) I just didn't see it, I did in the 5 mins but forgot at the end (I walked out early)

Crossing over- I just didn't know it

I think there was one or two more but I'll think of them in a moment.
I think you mean "franklin and wilkins" :p There was no crick and watson.

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
Yeah, I know. I just pictured them to be watson and crick... I dunno why, it was a stupid mistake

cataleptic

HSC
I don't know. I don't think there was anything I really fucked up, just mixed up a bit or left a bit out.

Gah. That fucking adds up though.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol. my mate put "tinea" for an example of a disease caused by bacteria. we had studied that an hour before the exam! and she got it confused with tetanus. HAHAH. another friend of mine completely forgot about he second communication page. she just... forgot it was there and left!! haha sucks to be her. but me... umm i definately fucked up the locust question. i just had no fucking idea what to write

falltopieces

HSC
Oso said:
I'll start off

1. Q10
2. A few parts of my accomodation diagram were wrong
3. lost 2 marks because I don't know the process of transcription and translation
4. lost 1 or 2 marks on the prepared slide question
5. lost 2 marks on colour blindness
6. Forgot to label the pedigree (circles represent females, etc...). So I lost another 1 or 2 marks

whitneyfaith

woop whoop whoop
HSC
Was 28 the locust question? I just despised that question, but i'm not all that sure why :/ I just drew a blank on it.

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
uh wot was the prepared slide question?
I think that was in Communications with the micrographs and slides of neurones.

I totally forgot what caused Tuberculosis...so I just put "Pathogen"! :rolleyes:

dammit, the exam was good, but i forgot the second process associated with DNA, lol i called it instead of translation "syntheses" as the second process, oh well, shit happens, move on to ext 1 on monday, good luck everyone!

frootloop

HSC
_blank said:
I totally forgot what caused Tuberculosis...so I just put "Pathogen"! :rolleyes:
LOL. Well technically that is correct. :)

I'm pretty sure though that the markers won't appreciate such a vague answer (as you're probably well aware hehe).

Perhaps you can take solace in the possibility that there are probably people that wrote worse things, e.g. germs, cooties. Surely out of 13,000 people doing the exam there would be one or two that said something like that. :rolleyes:

ashleighcook

hey!
i dunno about this bio exam... i mean it seems like people that did jack all nd didnt study coulda have done just as well as someone who spent months memorising their notes on every single dot point in the whole syllabus. like you wern't expected to know stuff, just had to be able to analyse it. eg. how many hours did we spend trying to remember that whole salt water/fresh water fish blah blah blah.. and then it was all there in a table for us. i dunno i guess i cant complain coz i'm prob one of those that benefited from it.. i just feel sorry for the people that actually put in the effort.

anyways my question is, with the communications section, why do you use perpared slides to look at neurones?!?! i had absolutly NO idea.. i think i wrote some crazy 15 lines talking about how they're small or something? haha

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
_blank said:
I think that was in Communications with the micrographs and slides of neurones.

oh phew..i thought to myself as i read it...wtf what slide queston! shat me pants like an elephant with diahorrea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)