What you NEED to use for the AOS essay. (1 Viewer)

Dr_Doom

HSC
tamorapierce13 said:
Incorrect. They are within their rights to specify a Stimulus text, it just isn't likely.
Really? I thought that was only for the prescribed text. I know the course requires you to study each of the stimulus texts.

Dr_Doom

HSC
dalew777 said:
Thank you very much :):):)

2 days of study to go, eeek where did my tuesday morning go????

Dr. Doom, just saw you were a Christian - right on! God bless for your exams ;) Peaceout
Cheers, you too.

Unfortunately 1 day for me :( I have metal work on thursday.

ane_st

HSC
I've only got 1 related text i know very well (however i know my 2nd one briefly).... However, i find that i usually just fit in my 4texts.. because i kno my related text VERY WELL so i can write about alot about it....

DucKy::

XDXDXD
HSC
however you don't want to just know the second one too briefly

what if your first text doesnt match the question, then you mite want to rely on the second.

i don't think there's ever been a case when they specified a poem for the poetry ppl, has there?

then they'll have to specify a chapter or somthing from huck finn or whatever too

Ennaoj

HSC
Okay - forgive my ignorance - but i really need to clarify.

I am doing the immigrant chronicles.
But i have only ever used one text of my own choosing.

If i study TWO poems from Skryznecki, ONE from the booklet, then am i okay to have just this ONE text from my own choosing.

Does the TWO texts of your own choosing refer more to students whose prescribed texts isn't a body of works? Or do i need another text! :(

Help :(

Ennaoj

HSC
Thanks for that.

If I only write about one ORT, will i be marked down? If the wording of the question states at least one of your own choosing...

If i have a solid response on the four texs?

Just panicking a bit now because all our exams at school including the trials, i've only ever had to write about ONE poem, ONE stimulus and ONE other related..So as you can imagine it's going to be hard having to go from that to writing an in-depth response on 5 texts in 40 mins.

Ennaoj

HSC
tamorapierce13 said:
If they ask for "at least one related text" and you only write about one, you won't be marked down. Last year the majority of the high-band responses only analysed one related text.
Thank you. :)

Faesy

HSC
FusionistAS-200 said:
Is it ok to use 3 poems from skrzynecki's Immigrant Chronicles.
The idea behind all this journey stuff is not to just select 3 poems but look at the Immigrant Chronicles as a whole. How does poetry effectivly put across a journey. So yeah, if you want to mention 3 i'd choose one from the beginning, one in a pause, and one at the end. (i'm doing Crossing the Red Sea, Migrant Hostel and Drive in the COuntry) but they are only to label certain techniques. What you want to do is see the journy as a whole and how Skrzynecki conveys it all, eg, what techniques, find examples. I suggest those three poems cos that way you can sort of adapt to the question eg, Physical journey, mandated journey, Crossing the red sea Hiatus, Pause or diversion, Migrant hostel Emotional journey, personal growth, A drive in the country. Remember, we have like 13 poems to study instead of one text, thats not just 3 poems, thats the whole Immigrant Chronicles and the whole journey we need to cover. Poems are only to example the "how" and "what". Hope that helped.

nigelbouche

HSC
to keep it simple
can if it asks or at least one ORT and prescribed
can i still get a 14-15

if i do 2 skrzynecki and the 1 ORT if its in depth, rather than doing 2 ORTs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)