Whatever happened to The Age? (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Once a reasonable paper with a clear centre-left editorial line, but now it's the Spencer Street Soviet all the way, hey.

That's about it. Anyone else?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No disrespect for the fire victims, but Victorians are a dirty people. I've learned to love bigbroth, I mean Murdoch's Australian

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
The way Jaspan ran it, I'm not surprised.

I only read The Age for its horse racing coverage these days. About the only Melbourne-based columnist I read is Andrew Bolt.

You could say the same about the Guardian in the UK I guess. And the SMH isn't much better. Fairfax is drowning in its rivers-of-gold, causing it to slowly become more tabloid in content.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
I've changed to The Australian.

Pathetic newspaper now (The Age), I just can't stand them anymore. It even seems proud of the leftist bias that it has adopted.

But even as it sings praises for Rudd, it still manages to shower doom and gloom on everything.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
The way Jaspan ran it, I'm not surprised.

I only read The Age for its horse racing coverage these days. About the only Melbourne-based columnist I read is Andrew Bolt.

You could say the same about the Guardian in the UK I guess. And the SMH isn't much better. Fairfax is drowning in its rivers-of-gold, causing it to slowly become more tabloid in content.
lol

Andrew Bolt reader found

banco55

HSC
Once a reasonable paper with a clear centre-left editorial line, but now it's the Spencer Street Soviet all the way, hey.

That's about it. Anyone else?
I can't remember a time when it wasn't a piece of shit. I don't mind them having a leftist editorial line if they were more upfront about it but the positions are all so predictable and boring. At least the Australian has some variety.

Not to mention they try to pretend they are a VERY SERIOUS newspaper and you can just see the editor sending out these clowns to dutifully cover stories noone gives a shit about it while they keep the more interesting stories off the front page etc. because they don't want to seem too low brow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)