Whats a good protein powder for a beginner? (1 Viewer)

Corvid

HSC
N/A
Something fairly cheap, tastes okay, isn't a horrible piece of crap

kfnmpah

HSC
Proteindirect.com.au
Or, there is a place in newcastle that sells protein for really cheap. They have chocolate, banana (YUM), vanilla (avoid like the plague), strawberry (YUM), coffee and it's like $200ish for 9kg.

Not sure about proteindirect.com.au flavours (as in how good they are)

Also, get whey protein isolate, not concentrate.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Become a massive fan of Max's (great taste)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
apparently 100% gold is a big seller and among the best from what ive heard. but any whey isolate would do pretty much the same thing. if you're buying from a store, u shouldnt be paying more than 80 bucks for a 2.25kg tub (still expensive and u can get much better deals online, but i can never be stuffed usually).

sanctify

HSC
N/A
im on mushashi iso8 atm. it's an extremely high form of wpi, tastes pretty good and doesnt clump up while mixing. However, its gonna cost you an arm and a leg so i recommend optimum gold standard whey - plenty of flavours, relatively cheap and is nutritionally sound

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
BulkNutrients is by far the best. You can get some equally cheap ON on ebay but protein overseas is a bitch to ship in and some of it is banned.

kfnmpah

HSC
im on mushashi iso8 atm. it's an extremely high form of wpi, tastes pretty good and doesnt clump up while mixing. However, its gonna cost you an arm and a leg so i recommend optimum gold standard whey - plenty of flavours, relatively cheap and is nutritionally sound
lolwut? WPI is WPI. it's better than WPC, but again- WPI is WPI. They can have different %per hundred grams if that's what you mean?
Most brands don't clump, unless you're mixing them with milk you'll have to shake them a bit more, but you shouldn't drink protein with milk unless it's before bed (An alternative to taking slow release protein before bed) because your body has to break down the milk proteins before it can absorb the WPI and doesn't absorb as much of the WPI as it would with water.

BulkNutrients is by far the best. You can get some equally cheap ON on ebay but protein overseas is a bitch to ship in and some of it is banned.
This is SICK because you can have 5 different flavours when you buy 5kg. When I run out, i'm being about this!

How does mango go? Is it heaps watery and weak or is it relatively good?

sanctify

HSC
N/A
lolwut? WPI is WPI. it's better than WPC, but again- WPI is WPI. They can have different %per hundred grams if that's what you mean?
yea haha. gold standard whey is around 80% per serve and the iso8 is around 90%

kfnmpah

HSC
yea haha. gold standard whey is around 80% per serve and the iso8 is around 90%
Yeah, the one someone posted above is 90% protein in the BulkNutrients brand in the "ripped" protein. Five kg in 1kg bags (so handy!) and you get 5 different flavours! I'm SOLD

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
This is SICK because you can have 5 different flavours when you buy 5kg. When I run out, i'm being about this!

I've been sticking with chocolate cause I am a conservative bitch haha. I love the chocolate though

Edit: Wait Mango... Are we talking about the same site?
http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/protein

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold.
Great tasting, heaps of BCAAs and I got a 5.x kilo bag for only $114, it doesnt run out. lol

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
lThis is SICK because you can have 5 different flavours when you buy 5kg. When I run out, i'm being about this!

All the flavours are just okay with water (like any protein) and awesome with milk - they are all quite sweet.

They are a bit hard to mix through completely (harder than say ON whey), but still mix well and I like it clumpy anyway (it's sweeter that way lol).

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
For a beginner, please ignore protein powders. You're wasting your money. Get your diet as well as training right first, then start thinking about supplements. I know you won't listen to me, but I learnt the hard way, where I noticed massive gains to my physique because of proper dieting and training.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
best tasting is pronos banana, it's also a massive rip off though.

Ethereal1

HSC
are you getting bulked up or getting ripped?

for getting ripped i recommend using Horley's Ripped costs $169.99 from supplement mania cheapest price anywhere and its in Marrickville

sanctify

HSC
N/A
are you getting bulked up or getting ripped?

for getting ripped i recommend using Horley's Ripped costs $169.99 from supplement mania cheapest price anywhere and its in Marrickville
what do you mean, lol. bulk is excess calories and cut (ripped look) is lowered bf% --> reduction in calories. Protein is protein and if you want to gain mass, stay away from the shit in mass gainers and stick with real carbs - natural sugars, grains etc.

anywho. OP, i suggest you stick with wpi. If you havent lifted weights before, you do not really need to worry about cutting or bulking. The beginning phase, you can cut and bulk at the same time but this can only last a couple months.

optimum gold standard is good value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)