Whats ahst236 like? (1 Viewer)

jimjim

Hey guys,
I was just wondering if any of you have studied ahst236; "Prehistory to Pompeii: Archaeology in Ancient Rome", or know about who has done it? I'm really contemplating it cause it sounds really interesting, but I just wanna make sure that its not one of those "oh fuckk, why the fucking hell am I here studying this?!" subjects, ya know?! cheers in advance guys! :)

X

xeuyrawp

I think we're the only people on this forum who are interested primarily in ancient. *hugs Jimmy*

I hear that the unit is a real let down, because of Kearsley.

Rome and the Caesars is supposedly also terrible because of her, which is a shame.

If you want to do something interesting, do one of the Late Antiquity units, like 104, 105, 234, 235, etc.

Basically, anything by Llewelyn, Gillet, or Forbes would be a good choice.

jimjim

PwarYuex said:
I think we're the only people on this forum who are interested primarily in ancient. *hugs Jimmy*
Whats WRONG With people Rob?! I swear, people just arent the same! *hugs Rob back*

i really wanna do it because if i end up teaching (which ive been told i probably will..) i need to learn about pompeii cause obviously its the hsc core. but im going to this conference on sunday all about pompeii so maybe not. argh i dunno!

its a shame about rome and the caesars - i was looking into that. that sucks quite a lot. i now realise how important the lecturer is! ahhhh well! i'll figure it out in the end!

i tell you what though, i really wish they had an egyptology subject for second semester i could do.. grrrrr! :p

i just realised how much i exclaim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it must be so annoying to read!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

X

xeuyrawp

jimmyjojo said:
Whats WRONG With people Rob?! I swear, people just arent the same! *hugs Rob back*

i really wanna do it because if i end up teaching (which ive been told i probably will..) i need to learn about pompeii cause obviously its the hsc core. but im going to this conference on sunday all about pompeii so maybe not. argh i dunno!

its a shame about rome and the caesars - i was looking into that. that sucks quite a lot. i now realise how important the lecturer is! ahhhh well! i'll figure it out in the end!

i tell you what though, i really wish they had an egyptology subject for second semester i could do.. grrrrr! :p

i just realised how much i exclaim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it must be so annoying to read!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
People are just idiots.

All they want is money money money. :( *shakes fist*

There's AHST363: Egyptian Religion, if you're game.

Otherwise, do HIST359 or something funky with me, or another AHST unit.

I might rock up to the Pompeii conference, depending on my schedule. Speaking of which, are you coming to the ACE conferences? My friend and I want to get a group together to go to the ACE Annual Dinner -- I'll probably drive because a few of them will want to drink.

jimjim

Yeah, but you need to have done ahst260 to do ahst363.. i have my eyes set on all those egypt units my friend!

i reckon a little group of my friends will end up going to some of the ace events! =) i still need to join actually, thanks for the remind.

as for next semester, ive decided i dont like the sound of hist114 - an australian perspective on events after 1945. not really my thing. im looking at engl106, ahst231, ahst232 or perhaps hist244? decisions decisions!.. i hate making decisions! :p

X

xeuyrawp

jimmyjojo said:
Yeah, but you need to have done ahst260 to do ahst363.. i have my eyes set on all those egypt units my friend!

i reckon a little group of my friends will end up going to some of the ace events! =) i still need to join actually, thanks for the remind.

as for next semester, ive decided i dont like the sound of hist114 - an australian perspective on events after 1945. not really my thing. im looking at engl106, ahst231, ahst232 or perhaps hist244? decisions decisions!.. i hate making decisions! :p
Go for (in preference):
1. AHST231,
2. HIST244 (consider doing 333).

Because of the tonnes of bad feedback, I'd never go near a Kearsley unit. HIST114 would be good, but I'm not so into modern aussie history outside of politics. I started ENGL120, and didn't really enjoy it. English was very all-over-the-place for me.

Whatever you do, make sure you do a couple of things before you chose on a unit: Go see the lecturer and ask for a study guide, talk to people who did it before, and make sure you're enjoying it. Humanities really should work for your patronage :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)