What's an average mark for Ext 2 work? (1 Viewer)

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
how can they scale your major work mark??

if the best ones get 50/50 and the rest follow?

its not like chemistry or physics where the best candidates arent necesarrily going to get 100%

please explain this to me

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
But the best ones wouldn't necessarily get 50/50 if everyone's work was crap.

This is how I understand the scaling thing.

Your HSC mark is aligned to the bands depending on how you achieved the outcomes.

Your scaled mark (the mark that is used to calculate your UAI) is your raw exam mark (in this case, raw major work mark) which is scaled up depending on the difficulty of the course. You never get to know your scaled mark, it's just for calculating the UAI.

That's how I understand the system anyway.... I might be wrong, or may have oversimplified this far too greatly.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
no I mean like in terms of UAI EE2 (if you get a decent mark, say >32) gives you some good points

rhinoivory

If i get 36 for ee2 and 84 for general maths... does that mean ee2 gets scaled up, or does maths count?

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
depends how the scaling is for that year.........your EE2 would probably win cos general maths is scaled so poorly

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
actually i think the norm last year was like low 40's

i can't remember exactly, i think there's some sort of official-looking document which tells you information about stuff like this. prolly on the board of studies site somewhere.. like it's the "notes from the examination room" thing.

it's pretty handy, check it out cos then you'll know what the markers are looking for?

Godly_Child

Guys... don't stress!!

Although it is extension 2 and yes, it is a demanding subject.. the markers are considering you a great student before they even read your work.
They are looking at it from the point.. You gave it a shot. Yes sometimes its really sad to see a year's worth of work just gone to a waste by handing in some scrappy thing thats about 2000 words over or under your limit.
Be positive and proud of yourself, that you gave it a shot. Sure we'd all love to get higher marks then everyone else, but no matter how hard you try friend, someone will always be better then you -- just be happy that you're doing Extension 2..
I know for my school we started off with 25 people doing ext. 2 .. now we only have 6 people... less then half dropped out.... AND YOU AREN'T ONE OF THEM!!

Goodluck ya'll

Jethro G

Ha ha ha! You dumb bastard! It's not a schooner...
haha. you are screwed if you think that being here will help you with a major work, or that because a majority got a mark, you will get the majority... its because that majority were about as good as each other...

its about quality

which, of course
does not come in quantity.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
you don't want to be in the majority anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)