whats everyone doing for their projects? (1 Viewer)

muffinlord

Originally posted by Protector
I got 100% last year for the programming part in VB...

The trick was to combine graphics to make it look good and create more than one simple function...

My Assignment Included:
- Splash Screen (prettyful)
- Checkers
- Othello/Reversi
- Tic-Tac-Toe
- Snakes and Ladders
- Notepad thing
- Web browser (very basic)
- Icon Editor
- Hex Editor

There were about 4 more things but I can't remember, when I find the CD with the latest source code I'll post...
:eek:

thats a fair bit

all im doing is pacman :p
but i'm trying 2 make it cooler, you know, like adding a plot and all. im ripping off max paynes idea for the graphic novel ;)

BlasterWorm

Making an MP3 player in VB 6 using DirectShow (DirectX) as the backend

We are forced to use VB and quite simply it sucks

Cutieangel

For my school major project, I have to develop a database like program using VB. I have to enter new records, delete existing records, search records etc. As well as documenting the whole software solution... *sigh*... such a big project

untamedanimal

exactly what i gotta do, build a database for a shop (mines sells sporting goods) and the program has to let customers browse through. Then there is a place where only staff can access to actually order, check availability etc, then theres a section where only the boss can access that has info on payrolls and stuff like that

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
our teacher said something abt using VB or QB to do ours!

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
Media Player with VB, i'm screwed. 20/50 for docs, 30/50 for program. i did alrite in the docs, i got like 18/20 altogether

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
u guys are lucky cause ur documentation is worth so much, but then again i would of got a crappy mark if it was worth as much as your guys ones

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
well u got better for program so wouldnt u want the program to be worth more

Mithoric

HSC
My project is a source safe database..Similar to that of Microsoft's Visual Source Safe software.

There are 2 applications, the server and the client. Basically you setup a project in it and tell it the folder where your source is stored. Everytime you log off windows it will remove all your files and store them in the database server.. Of course it's encrypted and you need a password to restore your files.. so your precious source is protected :) ..

It's written in C++ and is best run on NT systems.

I have 35 pages of documentation. The source is 11,000 lines long.

The binaries uncrompressed are just a tad under 12mb. Most of that is the server. It uses my own compression algorithm on the flat files (binary written) so they take up even less space and makes them even harder to crack because to read them you'd need to figure out my compression and then the key for the encryption scheme which is relational to the password entered. . . Nice and safe especially if the server is on another machine with a good firewall.

jason120au

HSC
I'm doing a tour of the school in which we have been taking digital pics of the school, going to add some video to it etc, and having pics of all the interesting departments, ie Computing, Metal work, woodwork, Food technology, science, PE. That sort of thing. Although people from the previous year did the same, but their program was so complex, (navigation system) that they didn't get it completed.

Merforga

Originally posted by Mithoric
My project is a source safe database..Similar to that of Microsoft's Visual Source Safe software.

There are 2 applications, the server and the client. Basically you setup a project in it and tell it the folder where your source is stored. Everytime you log off windows it will remove all your files and store them in the database server.. Of course it's encrypted and you need a password to restore your files.. so your precious source is protected :) ..

The binaries uncrompressed are just a tad under 12mb. Most of that is the server. It uses my own compression algorithm on the flat files (binary written) so they take up even less space and makes them even harder to crack because to read them you'd need to figure out my compression and then the key for the encryption scheme which is relational to the password entered. . . Nice and safe especially if the server is on another machine with a good firewall.
Originally posted by jason120au
I'm doing a tour of the school in which we have been taking digital pics of the school, going to add some video to it etc, and having pics of all the interesting departments, ie Computing, Metal work, woodwork, Food technology, science, PE. That sort of thing. Although people from the previous year did the same, but their program was so complex, (navigation system) that they didn't get it completed.

I like the second better. ^^

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Mithoric

So... it's CVS Repo?

Mithoric

HSC
Yeah automated cvs .. essentially. when you compile you run your program through the client passing the command line, it then backs up the changed source (uses md5) after x number of compiles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)