• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

WHATS EVERYONES CRATIVE WRITING PLAn (1 Viewer)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I'm going to copy Final Fantasy word for word.

Surely 50+ year old teachers wouldnt have heard of it? right???

hipPo3

HSC
im plannin on winging it .. i think i could come up with a ghey cliched version of thier crap in less then 5 miniutes ..

its only english, after thursday noone should care ..

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
DigitalFortress said:
We're not allowed to talk about rape
We're not allowed to talk about suicide
We're not allowed to talk about angst
We're not allowed to talk about emotional stuff
We're not allowed to talk about love
We're not supposed to do stuff with too much dialogue
We're not supposed to do poetry
We're not supposed to use cliche'd ideas

I'm going to write a story about a girl who gets raped and then suicides, angering her parents...emotional stuff happens at the funeral and the husband leaves the wife for a new love. They then have a 20 minute conversation where the wife discusses poetry. Then the girl wakes up and it was all a dream.

Suck on that english markers.
That is so awesome. :D

bubu

wat if they give a storyline and ask u continue it

and write in the same persona

like one of the kings paper

it was so annoyin because u couldnt jus fit ur in generic story

hipPo3

HSC
pfffffft .. thats easier .. u have something already given out to u
all u gotta do is have some imagination

arooshika...

HSC
there's this guy in my class, he failed every part of both his english exams but got a 13/15 for his creative answer cause it was a both combined peice of inner and physical journeys, he wrote it on surfing. he also got the highest for standard for that part but i dont know about advance though.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
I have a structure ready in my head. It involves any journey (which can be adapted in the exam) that includes digetic music concurrently with the story. Eg:

Thats something I just made up, to show what I mean. Its a good idea, as you can pick a song you will remember, and let its words direct the thesis of the story. :)
of course, you'll have to find some way of letting the marker know that it's a song they're hearing internally and responding to, otherwise it could come across strangely. the trick will be to find some way of doing this subtley and incorporating it tastefully and sophisticately into the story

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
just something to make it clear that they are listening to song lyrics in their head. i guess you don't even have to say what they are - unless for some reaosn the title/artist is particularly important, than the relevance of the lyrics should hopefully speak for themselves

HSC
i'm doing Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield. So easy to remember, there is 6 non-chorus lines in the whole song.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i kind of have a similar question. is it possible to still get good marks writing a very light-hearted approach to journeys?? i want to write about a cat's journey to discover the greatest mystery about humans, but everyone seems to be coming up with these heaps deep storylines i decided to change it.

Jaydels

HSC
Born Dancer said:
i kind of have a similar question. is it possible to still get good marks writing a very light-hearted approach to journeys?? i want to write about a cat's journey to discover the greatest mystery about humans, but everyone seems to be coming up with these heaps deep storylines i decided to change it.
I think you can do just as well, perhaps better with a light-hearted approach. In the trials I wrote about a 50m freestyle race in first person, and i did ok, but could have done better if i hadn't of wasted heaps of time on the short answer ones. Its easier if you can write about something from experience coz it makes it more believable and if you lack creativity like me you dont have to use your imagination too much.

danieljarvis

HSC
DigitalFortress said:
We're not allowed to talk about rape
We're not allowed to talk about suicide
We're not allowed to talk about angst
We're not allowed to talk about emotional stuff
We're not allowed to talk about love
We're not supposed to do stuff with too much dialogue
We're not supposed to do poetry
We're not supposed to use cliche'd ideas

I'm going to write a story about a girl who gets raped and then suicides, angering her parents...emotional stuff happens at the funeral and the husband leaves the wife for a new love. They then have a 20 minute conversation where the wife discusses poetry. Then the girl wakes up and it was all a dream.

Suck on that english markers.
hahaha, and im so copying you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)