What's everyone's top 10 favourite albums? (1 Viewer)

Yo Trilogy

Originally posted by saladsugery
Yo Trilogy --> i've just recently realised that metal isn't all slipknot and mudvayne: neither of who i like.... alot of older metal/goth metal sounds quite good... i just may well grow my hair and invest in some white makeup :) nah prolly not, but i've been starting to pay more attention to the genre.
Eeeeexcellent. Another convert. :)
A few of us are actually doing KISS makeup for our formal! it will look so funny with a formal suit and then rock make-up!

and I HATE Mudvayne and slipknot too!!. They are soooooooooo crap!!

astro boy

HSC
umm mine are

1. the get up kids - something to write home about
2. weezer - blue album
3. nirvana - either best of or nevermind
4. you am i - hourly daily
5. jebediah - slightly oddway
6. something for kate - elsewhere for 8 minutes
7. gerling - children of telepathic experiences
8. the cure - best of
9. faith no more - who cares a lot?
10. smashing pumpkins - siamese dream

Last edited:

astro boy

HSC
Re: Hhmmmm...

Originally posted by cptpinkerton
I gather there are no Weezer fans here?

Have any of you guys really listened to Weezer, besides stuff that's on the radio?

I thought there would be some!

I think if any of you would like to listen to a fantastic, emotional and beautiful recording you should get Weezer's 2nd album 'Pinkerton'. It beat 'The Bends' by one place in Rolling Stones Top 100 Albums of all time poll, it got #16.

yes take this advice listen to weezer blue, than pinkerton but doooo not listen to green and just download maladroit

and dont think that 'island in the sun' is wat weezer are about, blue album is purely 1992 alt. rock and is up there with anything by nirvana and the pumpkins and pinkerton is a more raw/ emo blend of wat blue was
but ever since green album its just been poppy rock stuff which seems just to happy or something

ok sorry this has just turned into a whinge about how my ex favourite band changed their sound :(

GJ_JOE

blood brother
worship and tribute - glassjaw
everything you ever wanted to know about silence - glassjaw
make yourself - incubus
jimmy eat world - jimmy eat world
L.D. 50 - MuDvAyNe
13 ways to bleed on stage - cold
slipknot - slipknot
break the cycle - staind
box car racer - box car racer
anything from KoRn

...damn, thats pretty narrow

Last edited:

sixfingers

Re: Hhmmmm...

Originally posted by cptpinkerton
I gather there are no Weezer fans here?

Have any of you guys really listened to Weezer, besides stuff that's on the radio?

I thought there would be some!

I think if any of you would like to listen to a fantastic, emotional and beautiful recording you should get Weezer's 2nd album 'Pinkerton'. It beat 'The Bends' by one place in Rolling Stones Top 100 Albums of all time poll, it got #16.

WEEZER = LIFEBLOOD

We are a dying breed my friend. Do you also obsessively download anything they ever recorded and wish they recorded it properly because it's really dirty and fuzzy?

I have to admit I like all of their albums, for different reasons. Green is a bit sameish throughout and I didn't like maladroit when I first heard it because I thought they were trying too hard to be hard ie rock hard if you know what I mean. But now I think its pretty awes.

astro boy

HSC
ok so maladroit is ok, but ever since the original bassist left they're albums have lacked the feeling of the first two albums, oh and sixfingers wat is your fav weezer b-side? mine is jaime

sixfingers

Originally posted by astro boy
ok so maladroit is ok, but ever since the original bassist left they're albums have lacked the feeling of the first two albums, oh and sixfingers wat is your fav weezer b-side? mine is jaime
oath, yes, definately. The first two are "weezer", just that feeling. The others are "by" weezer, good but not the same.

i can't commit to a b-side. jaime is definately a fave. at the moment i am particulary enjoying weezer's cover of the pixies "velouria". one of the few instances in which a pixies cover is better (in my opinion) than the original.

shallowdays

1) united by fate - rival schools
2) on a wire - the get up kids
3) the apology wars - blueline medic
4) size of the ocean - big heavy stuff
5) static prevails - jimmy eat world
6) eudora - the get up kids
7) recovering the satellites - counting crows
8) the colour and the shape - foo fighters
9) elsewhere for eight minutes - something for kate
10) wood/water - the promise ring

astro boy

HSC
Originally posted by shallowdays
1) united by fate - rival schools
2) on a wire - the get up kids
3) the apology wars - blueline medic
4) size of the ocean - big heavy stuff
5) static prevails - jimmy eat world
6) eudora - the get up kids
7) recovering the satellites - counting crows
8) the colour and the shape - foo fighters
9) elsewhere for eight minutes - something for kate
10) wood/water - the promise ring
very good taste indeed , especialy the get up kids stuff, are you familiar with any of their stuff pre 'something to write home about'? im pretty sure i have all theyre LP's and EP's

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Something For Kate-Beautiful Sharks
Something for Kate-Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Something For Kate-Echolalia
Tori Amos-Boys For Pele
Smashing Pumpkins-Siamese Dream
Tori Amos-Under the Pink
Pearl jam-Vitalogy
Smashing Pumpkins-Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Radiohead-OK Computer
Augie March-Sunset Studies

Ohhh...chosing just 10 is hard.

(yeah, I like SFK...can you tell?;) )

dissonance

-------Ha, man butterfly's wings is my fav. SFK song. Actually I just got the DVD today and was a little bummed they cut it out..

That Augie March album is amazing as well, although I haven't heard their new album yet...even so, it'd probably take a while to grow on me like that last one did.

N

newfoundglory

1)THE USED-s/t
2)BLINK 182- enema of the state
3)NIRVANA-nevermind(rocked back in '91)
4)KORN-s/t (it rocked back in its day)
5)NEW FOUND GLORY-s/t
6)DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL-the places you have come to fear the most
7)311-s/t blue album
8)WEEZER-blue album
9)INCUBUS-make yourself
10)FINCH-what it is to burn

FIEVEL

Metal is not about screaming at all.... you get a pop star and they probably would not be able to sing a metal song...

Nu metal is stupid.. it ain't metal.

please note: i do not consider myself a metal head because i'm not actually a big metal fan. so no, i'm not trying to look hardcore.

FIEVEL

Originally posted by Yo Trilogy

Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth

A power metal band with strong influences in Queen and have a very folklore / medieval kind of sound. Hard to describe. Based on a Tolkien novel. Recorded in 1997.

YO trilogy - you a big power metal fan? if you are, you gotta open up your mind to some quality japanese bands!

HSC
Originally posted by dissonance
-------Ha, man butterfly's wings is my fav. SFK song. Actually I just got the DVD today and was a little bummed they cut it out..
hrmm....

I actually thought butterfly wings was a reference to the Smashing Pumpkins song "Bullet with Butterfly Wings"...:confused:

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker

hrmm....

I actually thought butterfly wings was a reference to the Smashing Pumpkins song "Bullet with Butterfly Wings"...:confused:
Well, it wasn't really either...the name just popped into my head while I was registering. But I *love* both of those songs, so either of them could have subconsciously led me to choosing that name. ;)

HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings

Well, it wasn't really either...the name just popped into my head while I was registering. But I *love* both of those songs, so either of them could have subconsciously led me to choosing that name. ;)
lol
Fair enough...

btw is that Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins on your avatar?:)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker

btw is that Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins on your avatar?:)
Nooo...its some businessman figure that Paul Dempsey from SFK draws on their last promo posters and stuff. (once again-Smashing Pumpkins and Somehing for kate battle it out!;) )
What made you think it was Billy Corgan? The bald-ness?

HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings

Nooo...its some businessman figure that Paul Dempsey from SFK draws on their last promo posters and stuff. (once again-Smashing Pumpkins and Somehing for kate battle it out!;) )
What made you think it was Billy Corgan? The bald-ness?
ah... I see...

Yeah the boldness made me think that.... and also cos theres supposedly gonna be some cartoon series on the whole machina story, and the cartoon character for billy corgan looks similar to your avatar...

Anyways, I think I've been thinking too much about Smashing Pumpkins lately...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)