What's ex1 like? (1 Viewer)

moonsuyoung

HSC
I was wondering what you learn in ex1 for prelims and hsc? Is it a lot of creative writing? Is it ideal to do ex1 and mx1 for prelims?

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
I was wondering what you learn in ex1 for prelims and hsc? Is it a lot of creative writing? Is it ideal to do ex1 and mx1 for prelims?
fr tho, what subject r u looking at? I have selections in a bit too, but still havent decided everyhting yet

moonsuyoung

HSC
fr tho, what subject r u looking at? I have selections in a bit too, but still havent decided everyhting yet
hmmm, I'm still not 100% sure yet but I'm planning on doing:

mx1
english advanced
physics
eco
engineering studies
software engineering (new sdd syllabus) or enterprise computing (new ipt syllabus)

If I do ex1, I might not do either engineering studies or software engineering (not too sure yet) D:!! What about you!!

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
hmmm, I'm still not 100% sure yet but I'm planning on doing:

mx1
english advanced
physics
eco
engineering studies
software engineering (new sdd syllabus) or enterprise computing (new ipt syllabus)

If I do ex1, I might not do either engineering studies or software engineering (not too sure yet) D:!! What about you!!
I was thinking asian 5 (bio>phy) and a language

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
MX1 MX2 Eng adv Chem plus one of: Eco/Phys/Bio
(most people usually keep chem) but phys eco is probably the second most popular pick if u exclude chem

asduiashdi

HSC
ext1 english is pretty fun imo, the ideas explored in it are a lot more interesting than advanced. for instance, in term 1 i learnt about morality and this term is about absurdism. its pretty philosophical and really makes you think about life. you still have to do a bit of creative writing but its mostly essays, but there could be a speech or smt as well. i think it helps quite a bit with advanced since you get extra practice. you can always drop in y12 if its not for you.

moonsuyoung

HSC
ext1 english is pretty fun imo, the ideas explored in it are a lot more interesting than advanced. for instance, in term 1 i learnt about morality and this term is about absurdism. its pretty philosophical and really makes you think about life. you still have to do a bit of creative writing but its mostly essays, but there could be a speech or smt as well. i think it helps quite a bit with advanced since you get extra practice. you can always drop in y12 if its not for you.
ah thank you!! Do you have to analyse a lot of texts and are the essays just analysis essays? Is the workload demanding and is it much more harder than advanced :D

asduiashdi

HSC
ah thank you!! Do you have to analyse a lot of texts and are the essays just analysis essays? Is the workload demanding and is it much more harder than advanced :D
yup so you do analyse quite a few texts especially because you have to do a critical essay which often compares 2 texts. the workload is about the same as advanced id say so make sure you somewhat enjoy english :)
its about the same difficulty as advanced but perhaps theres more things to know for instance i studied narratology in term 1 and theres a bunch of narratological frameworks that you have to reference in essays eg. binary opposition, hermeneutic code.

Last edited:

moonsuyoung

HSC
yup

yup so you do analyse quite a few texts especially because you have to do a critical essay which often compares 2 texts. the workload is about the same as advanced id say so make sure you somewhat enjoy english :)
its about the same difficulty as advanced but perhaps theres more things to know for instance i studied narratology in term 1 and theres a bunch of narratological frameworks that you have to reference in essays eg. binary opposition, hermeneutic code.
tysm!! is there a lot of memorising and in-class essays!

asduiashdi

HSC
okay so here are my prelim assessments:
term 1 - creative fragment and essay about morality (Jekyll and Hyde)
term 2 - comparative essay (whos afraid of virginia woolf and parasite)
term 3 - research task presentation - analyse a text and a later manifestation

about memorising people often have mixed opinions. i did memorise my essay but you have to make sure to address and link to the question adequately.

moonsuyoung

HSC
okay so here are my prelim assessments:
term 1 - creative fragment and essay about morality (Jekyll and Hyde)
term 2 - comparative essay (whos afraid of virginia woolf and parasite)
term 3 - research task presentation - analyse a text and a later manifestation

about memorising people often have mixed opinions. i did memorise my essay but you have to make sure to address and link to the question adequately.
okok tysm!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)