What's happened to this board? (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
The results thread usually went for 20+ pages (2005)....but then again, the regulars back then were mostly law, acst and appfin students ......they are probably hedge fund managers by now....or lawyers...

Atlas

HSC
N/A
I was surprised that there wasn't a long thread of seething hate with the results recently :D

AsyLum - tragically, you are spot on.. Facebook, it is... ah, Mac people should re-discover the joys of BoS :D

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
True, anyone know when BoS will be running smoothly again?
give it 3-4 months IMO, should be good and then it might pick up again... 2008-2009 were the most active years as well IMO, haven't witnessed much before it tho

bimatty

HSC
Good points. It was down for ages, I only came back recently. Why was that again?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
give it 3-4 months IMO, should be good and then it might pick up again... 2008-2009 were the most active years as well IMO, haven't witnessed much before it tho
2004-2008 were its glory days, then they introduced the whole premium thing and lost their focus.

X

xeuyrawp

2004-2008 were its glory days, then they introduced the whole premium thing and lost their focus.
I would say it's part of a broader picture where the original admins and mods no-longer participated in the forum, and that combined with lack of succession planning and a number of continued outages meant that the site is now crippled. I wonder if it will ever be the same again.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
It's more targetted at HSC, so people don't start coming onto this site unless they're in year 11 or 12 etc.

That's how I got on here...

So people in uni often see no point in continuing coming on here, or starting to use the site.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I basically agree with the points that PwarYuex has raised. I think the continued outrages have had a massive domino effect and have really crippled the site.

There was a time where this section was buzzing. Now the posts have really died down.

I think the new server is a step in the right direction and BoS is much more stable than it was a few months ago, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I would say it's part of a broader picture where the original admins and mods no-longer participated in the forum, and that combined with lack of succession planning and a number of continued outages meant that the site is now crippled. I wonder if it will ever be the same again.
I'm trying to do my bit by advertising BoS on facebook pages I have, just to make it a little more lively, but it's not an overnight job and most people dont pay attention to it anyway, However I would love for it to be back at the 2008 stage which I remember, maybe some day.

It's more targetted at HSC, so people don't start coming onto this site unless they're in year 11 or 12 etc.

That's how I got on here...

So people in uni often see no point in continuing coming on here, or starting to use the site.
This is true, I started here in year 10, well towards the end of it, near SC, and just stuck here, then it went down.... and yeah...

I remember 2008ish, it was very lively, too bad I didn't join earlier, just lurked around sometimes.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oh yeah, forgot about that, you'd like to think so but between this or building the Mentor Program, i'm getting paid to do the latter :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)