• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What's hawt, what's n0t. (1 Viewer)

Always

HSC
grk_styl said:
Ok, I don't mean to be rude, but who cares if stripes were in fashion in Europe last season. We're in Australia here. Let them be done to death here too. If they look good, wear them. If they don't, then don't wear them. Don't NOT wear something purely based on the fact that it's been done to death in a country 50000km away.

This whole striving for 'wearing the latest fashion in Europe' is really starting to bore me.
That's not what I meant at all.

Egronk announced that black/white striped tops were the new hot thing and insisted that they were only introduced over the summer. I just kindly informed him that they are in fact, a past trend. Note: I only brought up this point because he insisted I had "no idea" and that I should "get with the times".

I don't like how girls strive to wear the latest fashions either, and that's exactly what's happened with the stripes trend. Just because some shitty 'fashion' magazine announced that stripes are 'in', all the chainstores mass produced stripey tops in every design possible, and all the trendwhores ran out to buy a piece of the trend. No offence intended, but most girls really can't afford to wear horizontal stripes so it's not like they bought it because it looks good on them.

Always

HSC
Egronk said:
I am man enough to say that I am wrong.

The fact of the matter is that i based everything I said simple on what i see people wearing.

Most of the names i just rattled off I have never heard of, I just typed "bling is out" into google and that was some of the shit that came up.

i have never actually gone out of my way to actually see "what's hot" in Europe, and to be perfectly honest, I only watch the fashion channel when i stumble home drunk and don't want to go to sleep straight away to avoid a hang over, and i am hoping to see some lingerie.

You have me trumped. I am way out of my depth here.

but you better hope for your sake that you are damn hot...
haha, I was getting tired of defending myself.

I was starting to think that you were either one of those stubborn, obnoxious guys who have a problem with admitting they're wrong, or you had to be gay. Seriously, no straight man has ever argued with me about fashion trends or Monique Lhuillier.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Everyone should post their pictures up with their style of clothing then we can say whether it's hot or not. Summer and Winter and Semi-Formal/Formal.

robo-andie

HSC
This is my formal wear. Ignore the yellow background - it has since been changed.

And I can't find a decent picture of my casual wear, but once I do, I shall add it.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Start a new thread about it.

in fact, i will.

And i never "insisted" that stripes were the latest thing, in fact i said the oppersite. You'll notice that in my origional post i said "Thick stripes on tight tops = Hot (but have been for a few months, watch out)".

So can you please not put words into my mouth and misquote me? In the future I will sue you for defamation.

kthnx.

ediisjoz

HSC
Egronk said:
(Guys and Girls) Pastel colour diamonds = Hot

(Guys) Pants made of that light material, vaguely reminiscent of pyjama pants = Hot

(Girls) Tshirts that in some way brag about looks or rejecting guys = Not, very westy.

(Guys) Kashmir sweaters = Hot (especially my new one)

(Girls) Tartan Skirts = Hot

(Girls) Layered hair = Hot.

Plz comment and add.

I will add more as they come to me.

I'm sick of layered hair,
cashmere sweaters, eww!
tshirts that brag about looks were NEVER cool
pastel diamonds? WTF!

since when would you know everything about fashion? especially for girls... GAH!

i will wear whatever i want!

Always

HSC
Egronk said:
Start a new thread about it.

in fact, i will.

And i never "insisted" that stripes were the latest thing, in fact i said the oppersite. You'll notice that in my origional post i said "Thick stripes on tight tops = Hot (but have been for a few months, watch out)".

So can you please not put words into my mouth and misquote me? In the future I will sue you for defamation.

kthnx.
"Latest thing" was an exaggeration on my part but you did insist stripes only came in over the summer, after telling me I had no clue. I was very much offended by all your previous comments towards me but now I'm over it, so let's just drop it.

Always

HSC
I have lived and breathed fashion all my life so to have a straight male question my knowledge so ignorantly is very much offending.

Not only that, he called me a 'slut' and a 'trashbag', AND he told me to 'go back to Campbelltown'. Where the fuck is Campbelltown.

Like I said, I'm over it. He admitted he was wrong.

HSC
^ thanks dude. that's one effing ugly skirt.

kimi said:
Geez people, chill. Im getting Vogue Forums Deja-Vu. Fucking Voguettes.
haha fuck i hate reading through those forums .. "omg guys i ate two lettuce leaves today! am i gonna get fat?" "yeah probably, i only ate one, my skinnies probably look better on me than you" "OMG"

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
ediisjoz said:
I'm sick of layered hair,
cashmere sweaters, eww!
tshirts that brag about looks were NEVER cool
pastel diamonds? WTF!

since when would you know everything about fashion? especially for girls... GAH!

i will wear whatever i want!
Damage Inc. said:
Hey, it's just fucking clothes, shut the fuck up about it.

I think everyone needs to calm down.

No where did I say that you have to care about clothes, nor did I say that I am gods law of what is cool and what is ugly. I merely stated what I have observed on other people, which just about makes up my very little fashion knowledge.

If you don't like the clothes that I think look good, here's a tip, don't wear them.

You guys all seem to be getting a little too angry over something I intended to be a bit of fun.

The Internet really is serious business...

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Always said:
I have lived and breathed fashion all my life so to have a straight male question my knowledge so ignorantly is very much offending.

Not only that, he called me a 'slut' and a 'trashbag', AND he told me to 'go back to Campbelltown'. Where the fuck is Campbelltown.

Like I said, I'm over it. He admitted he was wrong.
I was just having some fun on an Internet forum.

Jeez, you guys need to wake up to yourselves.

And where are you from by the way 'always'?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
as if you are really really really hot.

And I mean "where are you from".

Where in Sydney are you from (assuming you are from the fashion capital of the hemisphere).

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Fashion is stupid. But, lately I've noticed that.

Hot:
Girls wearing hats,
Eye liner that makes the eye look long,
Crazy curly hair. (not round curls)
Strapless dresses

Not:
Girls wearing baggy pants,
thongs,
Shoulder pads on dresses...aahahahahaha
Dresses that go below the calves?

I dont notice fashion for guys cause thats worse...

Always

HSC
Egronk said:
as if you are really really really hot.

And I mean "where are you from".

Where in Sydney are you from (assuming you are from the fashion capital of the hemisphere).
Never implied I was. Who knows, I could actually be ugly, tubby and bald.

"Where are you from" could also have meant what country I am from (my nationality).

I live in the east or south-east, depending on where I want to be.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
sam04u said:
Eye liner that makes the eye look long.
eyeliner is so nice when done right.
but there's this girl at usyd (she's an artsy person) who must use a fekkin paintbrush on her eyes, because she draws huge extensions on her eyes.
and she has green bits on the bottom of her hair. she might be good-looking under the makeup but WE'LL NEVER KNOW. sad.

seen her, Egronk who-doth-watch-people-from-manning?

(heh that's likely. seen one of usyds 20bajillion students?)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Lol, yah.. well you know they've overdone it when it connects to the top of their ears and looks like they've got fairy wings drawn on their face. (Face painting.)

About hair dyeing well.... In the movie spanglish that little girl had 2 streaks of pink dyed on her hair ... it looked pretty sweet... but yah... i'm not one for fashion.

but yah.. i could imagine eye-liner takes long to put on... right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)