Whats in the 1st Eng exam and whats in the 2nd? (1 Viewer)

Flinch

HSC
Ive tried looking but these forums confuse me =\

Im doing The truman show, raw and Owens poems, so, whats in the 1st and whats in the 2nd. Also, can anyone recomend some related texts? Im kinda screwed for the exams, but would like to make a last minute dash, im more of a science person =\

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Flinch said:
Ive tried looking but these forums confuse me =\

Im doing The truman show, raw and Owens poems, so, whats in the 1st and whats in the 2nd. Also, can anyone recomend some related texts? Im kinda screwed for the exams, but would like to make a last minute dash, im more of a science person =\
Paper 1 (fridays test) is short answer questions to unseen texts, creative writing and an essay on your journey texts and its related texts
Paper 2 (mondays test) is on the modules

Flinch

HSC
Ok, so the modules,

Theres: Experience through language, which im doing Truman show and prob 1984 for.

Closed study of text, which im doin wilfred owen, and i dont need any other texts, right?

and, texts and society, which im doing raw and shawshank.

Does this all sound right? Im hopless at english, and was in a class where no1 did anything, and therfor the teacher gave up =\

Also, very stupid question, but are you ment to take in any of said texts? Im guessing not, but how would they mark it if you chose something theyve never seen before?

Last edited:

cxlxoxk

HSC
they don't mark it based on their knowledge of ur related texts. they mark it based on the techniques,quotes and their effect that you give. chances are that they won't know your RELATED text, but they know the PRESCRIBED text well and base their markings on your display of knowledge of the texts you talk about.

acinad//

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
they don't mark it based on their knowledge of ur related texts. they mark it based on the techniques,quotes and their effect that you give. chances are that they won't know your RELATED text, but they know the PRESCRIBED text well and base their markings on your display of knowledge of the texts you talk about.

remember to keep your knowledge in relation or make it relevant to the question being asked.

botchla90393

HSC
Flinch said:
Ok, so the modules,

Theres: Experience through language, which im doing Truman show and prob 1984 for.

Closed study of text, which im doin wilfred owen, and i dont need any other texts, right?

and, texts and society, which im doing raw and shawshank.

Does this all sound right? Im hopless at english, and was in a class where no1 did anything, and therfor the teacher gave up =\

Also, very stupid question, but are you ment to take in any of said texts? Im guessing not, but how would they mark it if you chose something theyve never seen before?
Sounds like you were in my class lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)