whats in the exam....... (1 Viewer)

jerseyanna

hey my teacher and whilst visiting the biology lecture has hinted that seeing it is the 50th year of dna then this question will crop up in the exam and so perhaps have a few qusetions on dna what do u think?..........................................

s2ophie

HSC
my teacher said the same thing - know the importance of communication between Crick, Watson, Franklin and the other guy which i have forgotted :eek:

s2ophie

HSC
in a nutshell, if they had worked together they would have found the result earlier.

tempco

HSC
Yep.. basically:

Watson + Crick = Effective collaboration, allowing them to work out the structure of DNA.

Wilkins + Franklin = Encountered a lot of problems because of discrimination and misunderstanding.

Then what s2ophie said.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
uhm i fink franklin provided her data (x ray crystalgraphy i believe) to watson and crick (or one of em) , den got rejected cuz of the sexual discrimination, and bein called a fanatic femenim scientist....... (or something similar) apparently, wilkins took some of franklin's data (wif out permission prolly, but not entirely sure) and some of his own, to watson and crick's hypothesis that chromosone's double helix structure......

and yea, basically wut s2phie said..... very concise =).......

btw, wut does "ta" mean?? cuz the canteen ladie say it 24 7, apparently i haf no idea wut does it mean???

s2ophie

HSC
yep ta is just a thanks sort of thing. Maybe its an albury thing...

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
I use "ta" all the time. Too lazy to say "thanks" or "thank you" :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)