whats it like> (1 Viewer)

The Rev. Ian

just starting yer12 (in only 1 week *stress alert!!!*) and i wanna noe what doing mod is like for all you guys? make that what doing mod was like!!!!! :D

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Yeah me too!! What are the good parts, and what are the bad parts of each topic???

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You're stressed *points to bald patches on head and dark circles under eyes*!!!

Bad parts- the trial, the HSC exam
Good parts- the subject..

I really like Modern History. My fav topic was Indochina, because I went on a study trip to Vietnam last year, Germany was also really interesting. WW1 is a bit of a bore though, because we had done similar stuff in junior school, but its ok.

Originally posted by The Rev. Ian
make that what doing mod was like!!!!! :D
Hey, it isn't finished for us yet, the worst is yet to come!!!!

picaresque

HSC
and another curious question, why does it seem like no one on this board does the asia pacific conflict?

other than that, i can't wait to start hsc mod. can a current year 12 please re-affirm my nascent enthusiasm before the actual experience of the hsc kills it off?

meh

yeah modern rocks and dont let the ancient students tell ya any different *hehe we have a bit of modern vs ancient history rivalry at our school*

modern is great when you have an inspirational teacher i have found - its like an unfolding story about the absolute genuis of some men (and women) and the absolute stupidity of others.

oh and another thing; study history WITH A MAP. people often ask - 'where did Hitler attack next' or something along the lines - but when u look on with a map its becomes logical (exept for when he attacked USSR..that was just...stupid...yeah)

enjoy it and dont stress yet

oh yeah and the worst is the content you have to learn but if ya love it it wont seem like such a chore

anna

malayz_angel

Hehe...an ancient vs modern rivalry? I'm glad that wasn't happening at my school because having done both, I would be in the middle of the crossfire! I personally do prefer ancient but modern is fantastic too. In fact, my ancient history teacher is very boring while my modern (extension too) teacher knows how to make the subject very interesting. Germany and Albert Speer were probably my favourite topic.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Its a lot of work but its good if you let yourself get into it. I don't like WWI though and Im not a huge fan of Germany but its bearable. My suggestion is to bbe doing your past papers all year as you finish the topics.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Originally posted by picaresque
and another curious question, why does it seem like no one on this board does the asia pacific conflict?

no one really does asia pacific coz theres hardly any info on it and its really hard to learn (apparently). well thats according to my teacher. but it is true about no info, theres only 2 books if that!

TastesGoodBut

my biggest regret is leaving study for history to last minute before exams, taking notse and stuff like 2 days before

try and do it as you like your meant to... summarise ur book and read over it every few weeks etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)