Whats maths ever done for you> (1 Viewer)

ufb

or perhaps not

Have u though about how much time you've spent waisting away losing hours of your life doing maths only to realise it equipts u for nothing in life other than perhaps a better UAI

Consider this we spend 12 years in school then at least 37 years working all to retire with most of our life gone and part of that time is spent learning the "logical Language" as u tried to put it.

Maths equipts u for very little if u want to learn how to thing place a hand on heach ear pull hard and remove your head from your arse

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
maths prevented my uai from slipping further ...
hopefully itll earn me some money if i decide to tutor ...

del

HSC
N/A
maths was the 2 units that didn't count towards my UAI....

but as mentioned somewhere above it does help you to think logically, so even though you may not necessarily be good at maths in terms of remembering formulas and stuff, just doing it alone, helps in other aspects where you have to solve a problem not necessarily even related to maths...

even though now i think i wasted an awful amount of time on maths last yr... it does help you think better if anything.

ufb

wow people seem to have some strong feelings then does anyone think their is one subject that is a complete waste of time?

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
y are u making a thread, asking for our opinions and then arguing against them?
u say learning maths is useless, but wats useful about convincing us that maths is useless? we've already done our hsc.

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by Bon
ufb, your post was an incoherent tirade which didn't even rebut any of my points, assumably because you're struggling with maths. :)
i luv maths.....just becoz u cant do sumthing ufb there is no need to pay it out.....

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
a lot of maths probably IS a waste of time-I mean, I don't think there will be too many times we will ever have to use a lot of the formulas they made us all memorise!

But even so...I think all subjects have some sort of point. I think maths helps you to think logically-even if you do never need to use specific things you learned again, you will still have that way of thinking.

yeh ,man i love maths.I did advanced nearly all the way through school.I was in the top 20, in year 10 and was told i should have done at least 3unit maths.But hey, i felt like a bluge and did general for yr 11/12.At least it was fun and i was heaps up myself in that course.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
in reference to someone's earlier comment - there is not one subject that is useless, if it were useless, then it wouldnt be offered as a subject in the Higher School Certificate

bobo123

HSC
i personally hate maths.......definately the most boring class during the day
plus all those morning lessons -_-

but if maths is part of the ticket to the premiers award ceremony, then im doing with with a smile on my face.

ellipsis

HSC
I get what you're saying. But I get the oppostion too, I mean I want to do science, so I will need it, if not directly at least for all the skills involved in thinking.

But if its ten minutes till lunch and I'm doing my sixtieth question with long formulas, graphing ridiculous looking lines and doing weird things to them, then I do have those

When are we ever gonna use this @#!*&^$%
moments ! :D :D :D :D

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
Maths has done shit all for me.

It has ruined my love of school, made half my hair fall out, given me a nervous twitch and givin me sooooooo much stress its not funny.

Maths? Thats what calculators are for.

Twintip

Originally posted by MinAi
in reference to someone's earlier comment - there is not one subject that is useless, if it were useless, then it wouldnt be offered as a subject in the Higher School Certificate
I strongly disagree with that logic (who says the BOS know everything?) but I agree with your final conclusion. :)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ufb
Whats maths ever done 4 you?

When are we ever gonna use this @#!*&^$%
True that ufb!
I salute you!
Maths can go *mutters*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)