whats should i do. Combined Law at Usyd or Engineering at UNSW? (1 Viewer)

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
Hi i got a law offer at usyd, i always wanted to do law, did law in HSC and loved it.

I randomly changed my preferences for my late round and i didnt even know what i put down, then i got my uac letter and got my first preference for UNSW chemical engineering.

heres my dilema, my cousin also studying engineering at UNSW says its awesome and he already got an offer for a $50k job in his pentultimate year and tells me to do engineering and said within 3 years $100k+ and if you become a partner well $500k a year.

now i didnt really like science and maths in high school. in fact i hated it. but i am really interested in making big bucks

please help me ... i really dont know what to do.

thanks

Smithereens

HSC
Hi i got a law offer at usyd, i always wanted to do law, did law in HSC and loved it.

I randomly changed my preferences for my late round and i didnt even know what i put down, then i got my uac letter and got my first preference for UNSW chemical engineering.

heres my dilema, my cousin also studying engineering at UNSW says its awesome and he already got an offer for a $50k job in his pentultimate year and tells me to do engineering and said within 3 years $100k+ and if you become a partner well $500k a year.

now i didnt really like science and maths in high school. in fact i hated it. but i am really interested in making big bucks

thanks
Refer to your sig.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Personally I'd say stick to what you enjoy doing. You may end up scoring low marks in Engineering and may not even get the opportunity to earn the big bucks. If you continue with your passion and undertake a degree in Combined Law, I can guarantee that you'll probably do well (assuming you did exceptionally well in your Law subject in the HSC).

In the end you'll be making the big bucks AND enjoying what you like most :).

My 2 cents.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
do which on interests you moer

dont let salary affect you descion,

what would you rather do, a job which you earn 75k a year and love

or a job which you dont like/just tolerate and earn 100k a year

the first should be the answer

hectic18

HSC
N/A

thanks
if you don't like science/maths then engineering isn't for you. its pretty obvious you have a passion for law so def go for that

lionking1191

HSC
i heard bouncers make big bucks too

u dont even need to wait til ur penultimate year

slowjam10

HSC
why not do Engineering/Law @ USYD......problem solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)