What's Sydney like? (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by nerdd
i've heard the computer/science faculty is crap...
old/slow/crap computeres.. old/slow/crap furniture haha. paint peeling off walls.. all that lala u know
I always tell people that if they want to study in a particular faculty or university, they should ignore what people tell them and see for themselves. Ask for a detailed tour, you'll probably get it. This way you can form your OWN opinions about the state of disrepair.

ErgoSum

HSC
Well ill confirm that the computers at usyd arnt exactly state of the art (the madsen labs especially!!!) but .. for what you use them for, they do the job they need to do and they do it well

Generator

HSC
N/A
You rate the USyd union?

I like it how a bottle of water from a store in Redern is cheaper than one from a union outlet... Our union is one of the best :rolleyes:

SoFTuaRiaL

hopefully (YOU - the election ppl) if voted will give us the pool table in every common room they promised ....

emily

anyone know about extra curricular stuff at each uni? i'm thinking acting mainly :)

also - if each has certain good faculties, what's ur view on best arts and languages?

yeah, i must say syd worried me a little as the atmosphere did kinda seem a little up itself, seems to be the place where all the private school people head, but then it's also gorgeous...

mmm, decisions eh?!

timmii

sporadic attendee
SUDS (sydney uni dramatic society) is the oldest in the country and has its own the theatre (the cellar theatre) on campus. They often have plays that members have written/directed/star in and there's a week (I think) where they just showcase a whole lot of short plays by members.

Meh, atmosphere is what you make of it. All the most pretentious ppl i know actually went to unsw, but yes there are a lot of private school kids at usyd :rolleyes:

emily

thanx, well that's it then - if i wasn't sure before :)

mmm, now it's just whether to do arts advanced or arts languages...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)