What's TAFE like? (1 Viewer)

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Like humanities? I haven't heard of that one, what's the name of the certificate? I can only think of the graphic and communication arts that I've had mates in, it definitely depends on the workload, type of certificate and the campus.

Personally, TAFE was the best time of my life. Made lots of friends who all still meet up today, we all studied hard (one guy in our cohort got a perfect score in his certificate and topped the state, the rest of us did well too) and partied harder (Friday afternoon lessons always ended at the pub, with even a couple of teachers joining us). So as you can imagine, it was relaxed, but definitely not a bludge (I saw endless sunrises after all nighters...).

Keep in mind I was at a very chilled out campus though, I've heard some campuses wont let you chew gum in class, and we were having "sugar picnics" of lollies to get through all the work hehe.

ay0_x

HSC
Like humanities? I haven't heard of that one, what's the name of the certificate? I can only think of the graphic and communication arts that I've had mates in, it definitely depends on the workload, type of certificate and the campus.

Personally, TAFE was the best time of my life. Made lots of friends who all still meet up today, we all studied hard (one guy in our cohort got a perfect score in his certificate and topped the state, the rest of us did well too) and partied harder (Friday afternoon lessons always ended at the pub, with even a couple of teachers joining us). So as you can imagine, it was relaxed, but definitely not a bludge (I saw endless sunrises after all nighters...).

Keep in mind I was at a very chilled out campus though, I've heard some campuses wont let you chew gum in class, and we were having "sugar picnics" of lollies to get through all the work hehe.
Hey ambermom...

Seeing as you did TPC.. how old were most of the people in your class? & how big were the classes on average?

If you don't mind me asking, what were your marks (namely your TES) & what was the UAI prerequisite for the course it helped you get into? (You really dont have to answer this question though =]])

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
From memory, the youngest person was 16 and the oldest 37. Most people are around the 18 - 22 mark. Class sizes depend on the course and campus, we'd have about 20 people in our largest class which was LALS A (after a lot of people dropped out in the first few weeks...).

My TES was 250/300 (though we had a lot of 290's and the perfect 300, I was one of the party animals of my course haha), which was plenty to get into the BA (Psych) at UWS (I actually don't remember the UAI required for it, it's around 70 this year but as TPC students don't get their UAI's reported, I never really worried about cutoffs). Another girl in my cohort got into the BA (Psych) at Macquarie with 210/300, but I think mature age had something to do with that as it wasn't the best mark...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)