What's the atmosphere like in university of sydney? (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
about 78% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, bit of air pollution from the city

HSC
Uni Grad
:(

I posted too late, now I look like a loser who gets into the joke after it was funny.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Also a bit of CO2 floating from the petrol sniffers in Redfern.

Uni in general has a lot more pressure than the HSC, not just USYD.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
dull, boring, monotonous

in general terms: gay

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
depending on degree, and your friends, can be studious, or pretty casual.

far as i know most yr 11 and 12 don't have multiple bars on campus hehe

no, really. it's a lot of fun and definitely more laid back than school. less structured so you need to motivate yourself more, but there's a lot more freedom. some courses require up to 25 contact hours at uni a week (approx same as school, subjects like science), whereas others have significantly less hours (arts/commerce/law around 12) which is easy going.

terminator69

HSC
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember USYD!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
i am actually embarrassed to have posted in this thread

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
In all seriousness it's a pretty good atmosphere IMHO. A lot of great people, a few idiots but you get those anywhere. The campus is great, student life is good.

Can't compare it to anywhere else in terms of pressure but I do find that it may be slightly harder for people at USyd to score the same marks as others doing similar things at different universities, from what I've observed and heard from others who have transferred from elsewhere. I wouldn't say it's any more "high pressure" than it should be. And there's definitely not as much personal pressure from lecturers/tutors as there would've been from teachers in year 12.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
The social atmosphere at University of Sydney can't really be criticised. There's a significant majority (99%+) who are very sociable and everyone gets along. In terms of workload, I could compare it to the HSC. I've studied harder than I did in the HSC and gotten results which are lower but that is to be expected in university.

I daresay the atmosphere would be similar across all universities but if workload is what you're concerned about, it really comes down to what you choose to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)