What's the best hair dye for black hair? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm angry. Not only have I damaged my hair and wasted one hour of my life, I have also spent $10. And my hair's not even purple!! Not even a little bit!

It's still black!
Boring, dull, never changing black!

I know it's because I don't want to bleach it. But what can i do? I want colour!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i don't look good with colours that are not black. o_O

HSC
So you've been a black haired asian all your life?

I think colours look good, but regrowth looks bad.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Have you tried that sunsilk custom highlights stuff. It was very popular a few years ago, I dunno if its still out though. Someone in high school used it and her hair went from black to light brown. Its not permanent - but it will definately lighten your hair.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
yep ^^
i have really light skin and big dark eyes so when i have lighter hair it would make my eyes stand out abnormally. :confused:
yeah apparently bleach has terrible effects on my friends '-_-
you probably have to get it to be quite a lot lighter first before you use purple. my friend did purple on dark hair as well and it didn't quite turn out.

HSC
Which one did they use?
I used the one to go to brown and it didn't do jack. I was too afraid to use the 'blonde' one in case i turned out blonde.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If you use blonde on black hair it wouldn't go blonde. The blonde is designed for light brown hair. If you used blonde then you would get lighter hair. But theres only one way to find out for sure though :p

Skeeta

HSC
anything that lightens your hair generally uses peroxide...

which is permanent

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
maybe you could try something temporary, like hair mascara or spray or something...otherwise i dunno how u can get it purple without bleach

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I get my hair dye material from this small hair stylist wholesaler. You get a colour and a bleach and mix it yourself. So far I haven't experimented too far from black. I prefer to try darker colours that look black but when the sun is shining upon it it looks red or ATM slightly brown. I love it. Might try a lighter brown/brighter, deeper red later.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Cape said:
Have you tried that sunsilk custom highlights stuff. It was very popular a few years ago, I dunno if its still out though. Someone in high school used it and her hair went from black to light brown. Its not permanent - but it will definately lighten your hair.
Yeah, I'm using that one. I have natural black/dark brown hair and within the past two weeks, my hair colour's gone heaps lighter.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Cape said:
i used that stuff but in the wrong way . every morning i would tie my hair up and put it on the top ...i went from brown to orange...NOT A GOOD LOOK AT ALL esp when i let regrowth happen ...(this was in yr 9)

ps when did this forum come in

asscookie

dork.
HSC
You have to bleach your hair first. If you don't bleach, you're just going to make your hair darker, or the dye won't have any effect at all.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Dont know what styles, but if you're somewhat on the alternative side, bleaching the hair, then dying it a blood red and grey looks awesome.

^___^
HSC
my friend has blue hightlight
looks pretty awesome

hmm

i was thinking getting pink highlight when i cut my hair shorter

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I currently have blonde and red highlightz, close enough to the fob description above. :D

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
blonde streaks looks good, but it only looks good if u have tanned skin (i.e curries etc)...i see most asians at uni have reddish hair, oh and one guy has completely blonde hair but i dont think it suits him :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)