What's the best job you ever had? (1 Viewer)

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
OK people, what is the best job you ever had and why?

I got called in to do a commercial for Samyam, and they wanted ballet people. We got free (but ugly) tutus... and we had to do a piss-easy routine, and once we did it once, everybody was like "OMG wow!!! that's amazing. Are you tired? do you want a rest? We'll take a break now" And they gave us free dinner. It was excellent

Other than that, I'd have to say where I am at Baker's delight is pretty good. reasonably hours, mostly nice colleagues, and free food! :D

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i know someone who does.

she's 18, goes to uni with me, gets $40 an hour to write pop songs for singers. she needs to write them, record them, do all sorts of stuff with it by two weeks, interviews artists and she can say "no thanx you're not what i'm looking for"

she has had no job experience, just being at the right place in the right time, and got to know a producer.

i am soooo jealous.

plus it makes me puke at how mass produced pop songs are

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Interfrank holdings IT department. Usually there were only 3-4 people ever there working at the same time, they were all aged 19-22 (i was the youngest at 18), except for the boss. Worked weekends on my own in charge of everything, spent 95% of the time on msn and on the net.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Cirque du Soleil.... just because it was crazy fun and I love artsy type stuff. The work was also pretty easy (I was in F&B) and while the show was on after you had cleaned and restocked and stuff you just got to goof around and chat pretty much until interval. The pay was pretty decent for such easy work. Plus they had great staff parties and there were lots of interesting characters there!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
mine would be my current job working on a chicken farm...only had 2 jobs previous to that which were pretty shithouse, this one is something a bit different and entertaining

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
I have only had two jobs.. as much as I hate Woolworths, its good at the same time. They are really flexible and if I cant work in the morning they give me an afternoon shift and vice versa, it is like 2 mins drive away and the pay is pretty good.

Skeeta

HSC
my fave job would have to be the one im in now.. but maybe thats from having shit jobs in the past. Workin at one of the smallest and busiest Maca's in the world sucked dick - especially when ur only gettin paid $5 an hour.

my other job as a receptionist also was very gay. I had to ring up 2500 ppl and make sure they were still on a mailing list. very very dull

im workin at GJ's now and its really cool, the moneys ok - its not always flat out.. the ppl are great and its always different

EDIT : i change my mind! i forgot about the work i do for uni!.. i get paid $6 an hour im takin notes in my lectures that i have to do anyway and fotocopying 5 min a week

easiest best way to earn cash

Last edited:

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
my old job as a Receptionist/ administrator at the Royal Prince of Wales Hospital of Randwick and later moving to the Sydney Childrens Hospital (randwick, combined with the Ronald McDonald house ) .. that was good, good hours, good pay and nice people.. the job wasn't that easy, but it was better than the job i'm in at hte moment... ^^

HSC
i only ever had one job

host at lone star parra

i was the laziest one but i was good at running the front door board thing because i got to boss the girls around and i was good at that.

one of the dishwashers once said to this other guy about me (i foujnd out from the guy) 'those guys [me and my mate] are so fucking lazy all they do is walk around pretending to do stuff but really they just walk around and get themselves drinks every now and then' haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)