What's the best uni to study science at? (1 Viewer)

sally05

HSC
I want to do a bachelor of medical science at either sydney or new south wales. Does anyone know which uni is better to go to for this course??
Also, do people think the cutoff at sydney will go up/down by much for next year?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
sally05 said:
I want to do a bachelor of medical science at either sydney or new south wales. Does anyone know which uni is better to go to for this course??
Also, do people think the cutoff at sydney will go up/down by much for next year?
It's a difficult question to answer because it is very subjective. The question you should be asking is "what is the best science degree for me?"

UNSW Med Science is more flexible in that you can choose to do/not do Physics, and only 1 or 2 semesters of maths. In USyd, you have to do physics and maths for 2 semesters. Both degrees require 2 semesters of chemistry and biology.

Overall the two courses are similar and will provide you with adaquate training for the higher degrees and a career in research.

The cut-off will remain very similar for USyd.

I hope you go and have a look at the program structures in both courses and see which one suits you better. :)

click here

to see my profile
HSC
From what i've heard, My friend who used to do Med Sci at USYD transferred to UTS during the second year because she said USYD focuses too much on theory. You have to do Maths for the first year too which is a waste of time really. I study Science at UTS and much of the Maths lies in chemistry and biochemistry subjects that are prac on. At UTS, we focus much more on Practicals and Lab classes. In some subjects more time is spent in Labs than lectures which i find it more advantageous. When studying Science, the best thing to do is get more practical experience since it will be important in the workforce. Much of the readings you can just do it at home.

Anyways, good luck on your choice. I know i alot of ppl choose USYD because of its name but you need to look at things closely when choosing a certain course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)