What's the best way to study for Mod A? (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
Would keeping in mind, and memorising evidence for 2-3 themes (both 'resonances' and 'dissonances') be sufficient? And is it better to write integrating or alternating paragraphs when writing the comparative essay? Though my teacher suggested an integrated approach, I find writing alternating paragraphs easier; what should I do and how do I study for this Module?

notme123

HSC
Inherently, every similarity in a text is also a difference whether it be through the mode of conveyance, context, perspective etc. So what I would do is prepare paragraphs on each theme evenly split between each of the compared texts that shows some connection and write whether its a resonance or dissonance, but if the question mandates for you to switch your perspective make sure these prepared paragraph's points are flexible enough to change on the spot.
E.g. Daoud builds upon Camus' metafictive representation of racial profiling by adding a new lens to the issue.
can also be
Daoud dismantles Camus' metafictive representation of racial profiling by adding a new lens to the issue.

Wizjaro

HSC
Would keeping in mind, and memorising evidence for 2-3 themes (both 'resonances' and 'dissonances') be sufficient? And is it better to write integrating or alternating paragraphs when writing the comparative essay? Though my teacher suggested an integrated approach, I find writing alternating paragraphs easier; what should I do and how do I study for this Module?
Yea I think memorising 2-3 themes is sufficient, in terms of resonances and dissonances you can argue resonances as themes and dissonances as their portrayal of those themes/mode of the texts. If you prefer alternating then do alternating, either way works and I've seen people do very well with either.

zizi2003_

HSC
Yea I think memorising 2-3 themes is sufficient, in terms of resonances and dissonances you can argue resonances as themes and dissonances as their portrayal of those themes/mode of the texts. If you prefer alternating then do alternating, either way works and I've seen people do very well with either.
Thank you!! :)

zizi2003_

HSC
Inherently, every similarity in a text is also a difference whether it be through the mode of conveyance, context, perspective etc. So what I would do is prepare paragraphs on each theme evenly split between each of the compared texts that shows some connection and write whether its a resonance or dissonance, but if the question mandates for you to switch your perspective make sure these prepared paragraph's points are flexible enough to change on the spot.
E.g. Daoud builds upon Camus' metafictive representation of racial profiling by adding a new lens to the issue.
can also be
Daoud dismantles Camus' metafictive representation of racial profiling by adding a new lens to the issue.
Thank you!! this is quite helpful :~)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)