whats the best & worst concert / live act you've ever been to? (1 Viewer)

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
haha i have a couple to suggest.. what about everyone else?

dansnation

best - reel big fish @manly
vans warped tour.. 99? i think it was.
millencolin gig when pennybridge pioneers just came out.

worst- dunno, prolly toe to toe or some other gay hardcore punk.

SkAnDi

HSC
Either Ataris up at Manly.

I came out.. DRENCHED in sweat. NONE of it was mine, christ, i couldn't get teh smell out for aggesss!

If not, then Augie at Homebake, i missed out on SFK, with their dicky set :(

The best would have to have been Friday night, Motorace. Not that big a crowd, great music (speedstar* where there as well!), and with alot of friends.

Sanchez#1

Best I've been to was the summer jazz festival featuring the Melbourne Cafe' Society. I also saw Ben Folds perform live at a restaurant at Newtown, but that was more of an entertainment thing.

The worst was this mock concert/mosh that was held at my old school. Ofcourse I was in year 9 at the time, and spent most of the time at the back. But the band playing couldn't really decide what they wanted to play, and there were long pauses in between songs :confused:

bex

HSC
*Best- Pnau @ Dancetracks- part of the Message Sticks festival in the Studio

*Worst- some of the performers @ rumba last year... IE That absolutely everybody chick...ummm Vanessa Amarossi!

Sanchez#1

LOL what in the world were you smoking when you decided to goto Rumba. I hear this years line up is even more tragic, with names like Kelly Osbourne appearing....

Hehe I just remembered a story my friend told me from the Destiny's child concert. There was this front act that had all these fat women trying to sing, and all the front row people were giving them the finger and yelling out

"WHORE!"
"SKANK!"
"YOU'RE A RAT!"

That was mondo harsh.......

bex

HSC
lol! i wanted to see Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton! lol i was an original spice girls fan (and proud of it! lol) so i had to reminisce! then geri didnt come :( so i was sad :(
But shaggy and blue were good....

this year has bon jovi... but they only play like 4 songs then get the hell outta there...

HSC
Originally posted by Sanchez#1
LOL what in the world were you smoking when you decided to goto Rumba. I hear this years line up is even more tragic, with names like Kelly Osbourne appearing....
Hopefully, she'll actually SING this time around, as opposed to the lip syncing she did during the Grammies (or whatever godawful American award music show it was)

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
ok i think some people will probably hit me for this but the worst concert i went to was jamiroquai last year -

haha i don't even know whey i went because i dont like them very much - yeah it was just quite boring, the music is boring, i pretended to enjoy myself, but i just ended up leaving early anyway

best is probably Prodigy this year at BDO "poison" was really good, millencolin two years at macquarie uni, or limp bizkit at BDO last year ,

oh yeah and one more bad one, in year 9 we went to this jebediah concert (hehe) and the back up were sugarchild and garageland. the lead singer of sugarchild was wearing sunglasses and said "im wearing these because i have conjunctivitis - but you can just pretend i'm a rockstar "... thats pretty nice isn't it?

tweakin

BEST:
one dollar short @ castle hill tavern
chemical brothers @ big day out 01
nofx @ big day out 02
paul elstak @ thrillseeka
unwritten law @ vans warped tour 99 was it dan?
jurassic 5 @ big day out 02

WORST:
silverchair @ big day out 02

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
hey i dont think silverchair were that bad at BDO this year, i was expecting much much worse..
they were a lot worse at homebake 99
EXCEPT whats up with daniel johns?

all the stuff he said at BDO was soooooooooooooooooooooo gay!!! arrgh... oh well ...

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
Originally posted by bex
lol! i wanted to see Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton! lol i was an original spice girls fan (and proud of it! lol) so i had to reminisce! then geri didnt come :( so i was sad :(
But shaggy and blue were good....

this year has bon jovi... but they only play like 4 songs then get the hell outta there...
man 4 songs thats so cheap
its an embarassment to other decent musicians,

tweakin

Originally posted by luigi_000

all the stuff he said at BDO was soooooooooooooooooooooo gay!!! arrgh... oh well ...
Yeah thats why they were soo shit :p

he spoke like a chick...
but they were still pretty shit - i thought neway

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
Originally posted by dansnation
best - reel big fish @manly
vans warped tour.. 99? i think it was.
millencolin gig when pennybridge pioneers just came out.

worst- dunno, prolly toe to toe or some other gay hardcore punk.
hey millencolin, did you go to the one at macquarie uni? or was it a dif. one?

Mz_FUNKSTAR_02

Ummm the best for me was seeing Destinys Child @ bankstown square waaay back. Me and my friends (about 20!) jigged school that day and we were the first ones there. We sat near the stage like the BIGGEST GROUPIES EVER making sure we'd be in the front... and we were! I think they performed at like 4pm or something. As school finished, you could see ppl from every freakin school under the sun roll up to see DC..

++Destinys Child were excellent! Beyonce rules!!!
:p :D :)

dansnation

Originally posted by tweakin
BEST:
one dollar short @ castle hill tavern
chemical brothers @ big day out 01
nofx @ big day out 02
paul elstak @ thrillseeka
unwritten law @ vans warped tour 99 was it dan?
jurassic 5 @ big day out 02

WORST:
silverchair @ big day out 02
thats right mate, 99... the big food fight. :) and the security guard getting hit in the eye by a lemon.. unforgetable. :)

dansnation

Originally posted by luigi_000

hey millencolin, did you go to the one at macquarie uni? or was it a dif. one?
i went to both... the one at manly was like a promotional tour just as pennybridge came out... then about a year later they played at maq.

They were both good for different reasons.. Manly, they had the best set! And macquarie, well the venue is just awesome! Definately different crowds because in between those gigs they were developing quite a fan base.

Christine

beige member
HSC
best:
probably homebake 98 when living end performed hehe i remember the bass player collapsed but they were shit hot... same for homebake 2000 too

nye 99/00 - i got dragged by my dad down to wollongong to see billy thorpe and richard clapton and surpsingly it was excellent.

worst: when offspring toured in 99, i was in the mosh and there
were these stupid old bitches dressed to the 9's behind me with mega long nails and cause every1 kept pushing forward they kept scratching me w/ their claws..... it just ruined it...

Dan_the_man

Best

Sick Puppies/Testeagles/Jerk at Bega Day Out
Superheist for FREE at Bega Town Hall
28 Days @ Hombake 01

Worst

hmm.... I've been to some poxy friends' bands shows

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
Originally posted by Dan_the_man
Best

Sick Puppies/Testeagles/Jerk at Bega Day Out
Superheist for FREE at Bega Town Hall
28 Days @ Hombake 01

Worst

hmm.... I've been to some poxy friends' bands shows
hehe yeah i saw 28 days then

i not usually a fan or whatever but they were so energetic and fun, as opposed to the "hoodoo gurus/persian carpets / old strange men" or wahtever that headlined.

man that was whacked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)