what's the hardest topic in 4u? (1 Viewer)

Smithereens

HSC
People have different views.

Some say Harder Integration, some Conics and some say Harder 3U.

For me, it was Mechanics :S

white ferret

HSC
our school reckons it's the circular motion bit of mechanics.. so we're doing it first.. ?!?! but it didnt end up being that hard once u figured out which way the forces were acting..

apple2

HSC
No i agree, mechanics sucked. I don't know if not doing physics made it a bit harder to understand but i hated that topic :bomb:

gm.haider3000

HSC
hey conics looks abit to easy.. it reminds me of when I was doing locus as a parabola and shit like that.. i think the most hardest would be yeah mechnics and prob volumes with all those wierd look graphs ??

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Complex "looks" easy, but it can be one of the most hardest topic.

Mechanics looks easy, but I know its shit hard.

Conics just looks plain shit with the ellpises and shit.

I reckon harder 3u will be a pain, 3u is harder 2u and i find 3u harder than 4u(thus far) and have never gotten 90+ in 3u. (highest was 89:S)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
i find 3u harder than 4u(thus far)
I have to agree with that given the situation at the moment. I seem to be spending more time with 3U rather than 4U now.

Foxodi

HSC
Kujah said:
I have to agree with that given the situation at the moment. I seem to be spending more time with 3U rather than 4U now.
Also agree, though I need to sharpen on my polynomials.
And complex numbers hard? :O Any 2u kid could do it.

aakash

HSC
i reckon harder 3U was the hardest...i found mechanics easier than that maybe coz i really liked physics.

redom

HSC
mechanics was the most dreading and hardest topic in the 4u course...i didnt learn it properly at all!...but the qn in the hsc was just a gift:)....

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Our teacher said that harder 3U will blow your mind away.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Mate, some of the q's in 3u alraedy make me go crazy in "wtf".

Kujah

HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
Mate, some of the q's in 3u alraedy make me go crazy in "wtf".
:uhhuh:

Finished complex numbers, and that was our last 4U lesson of the year. Getting new teacher next year, and starting off with Polynomials. I'm expecting that we're going to go much faster now with more time.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Harder 3 Unit is meant to be the most difficult topic, though recent exam papers may suggest otherwise. Integration is meant to be the easiest topic. Question 1 of the HSC exam is nothing but simple routine integration. So you're supposed to have nailed at least the basics of Extension 2 integration to get an easy 15 marks...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I've been told numerous times that Q's 1-5 (6 even) should be do-able if you've reviewed/studied well. So aiming 90% in the first 5 questions should be sufficient for a decent mark correct? The last 2-3 questions can just be little marks if you are able to do it ?

Can someone confirm this?

And yes kujah - we're speeding through everything so quickly. Finished complex in a week, series in another week, geometric calculus in 1.5 weeks, now we're starting integration and are halfway through in 4 days.

The pace is killing me, especially when my teacher expects every question done.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
And yes kujah - we're speeding through everything so quickly. Finished complex in a week, series in another week, geometric calculus in 1.5 weeks, now we're starting integration and are halfway through in 4 days.
:eek:

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Holy shit, I wish my school went that fast.

Foxodi

HSC
tommykins said:

The pace is killing me, especially when my teacher expects every question done.
omg.... What are you guys gonna do for the rest of the year? Seems like you guys will finish the entire course b4 the half yearlys ....

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I really don't know. We're set an excercise a night. Complex, although relatively long, was done pretty quick.

Basically, in this term we've finished -

Complex Numbers, Series and Sequences -> Harder Series and sequences, Polynomials, Geometrical applications of calculus, integration and locus + parabola.

We have the same teacher for all our maths lessons, and we have 560 minutes of maths a week (so 9 hours and 20 minutes a week), that could contribute to our pace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)