What's the highest ATARi can possibly get with these subjects? (1 Viewer)

Tacenda

HSC
Quick question, any idea on what's the highest ATAR i can possibly achieve on these subjects? Only doing 10 Units worth of work, Can rejected from my applications for higher English and Maths although I've done quite well, but oh well.
The subjects that I would probably be taking in the HSC are...
-Economics
-Legal Studies
-Modern History
-Mathematics Standard 2 (General Maths but with HSC) Name changed apparently
-Standard English (HSC)

If you do know the answer to this, please help me out, would be greatly appreciated. Cheers and Thanks.

Tacenda

HSC
But at what cost can i achieve such high atar? Full marks for Standard Mathematics and Standard English and around band 5 for the other subjects?

Tacenda

HSC
Do i have to get full marks with Standard Maths and English and band 5 or higher on other subjects to achieve that?

trea99

HSC
Just reading the 2016 UAC Scaling report, the maximum ATAR achieved by a student doing
English standard was 99.70
Legal Studies, Modern History, and Economics was 99.95
General Maths was 99.6
General Maths scales poorly and Standard English is hard to get high marks in (99.9% of students got a scaled HSC mark of <45 in standard english according to the 2016 scaling report)
You'd need very high marks in all your subjects to get a 99.95.
A 99.95 is around 475 aggregate (237.5 total when adding your scaled marks)
Let's suppose you got a 45 in standard english and and a 45 in General Maths (99.9% of students got a scaled mark <45 in general maths as well).
You'd need to get a total of 385 across your other 3 subjects. i.e An average of 96.25 in each of your remaining subjects which is not easy.
You can still get a really high ATAR, 99.95 may be difficult to obtain but you can still get a really high ATAR nonetheless.
So, you'd probably need to be near the top of the state in all of your subjects to get a 99.95 (so a high band 6, gonna be blunt a band 5 or higher is not going to get you 99.95). That being said, getting a 99.95 will be very very difficult, getting a 99 or similar (also hard) won't be nearly as hard.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
But at what cost can i achieve such high atar? Full marks for Standard Mathematics and Standard English and around band 5 for the other subjects?
To get a 99.95 even with high scaling subjects have to get mid to high 90s in everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)