Whats the historiography behind Albert speer (1 Viewer)

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
Hey guys just need a help here trying to come to terms with the historiography behind albert speer:

Im perfectly aware that there exists the debate between whether Albert Speer is a penitent nazi or a failed penitent. What i dont understand is which historiography genres belong to these two groups.

Currently this is what i think:

Intentionalists ---> Speer's an amoral technocrat

Revisionist --> Speer is a lying bastard

Please enlighten me on whether this is correct or not.

SuperCoolLoz

answer to albert speer historiography

I am in the processing of completing an assignment on the historiography surrounding Mr Speer and i figure;

1. Revisionist View - Speer was fully aware of all that went on in Nazi Regime. He claims to have plotted to kill Hitler as a sign of disloyalty however there is not evidence to prove this except his own (infact alot against it). This perspective looks at the reason why Speer claimed he was a penitent nazi - obviously to avoid death sentence. Historians K.Howell and Henry T. King agree with this.

2. Traditional View - that Speer was so far under Hitler's "spell" that he could not see past the war effort to look at the repercussions of his actions this labelling him an "innocent puppet."

Hope this is helpful... If you want more let me know

Lukeo7

just in case you didnt know, hsc markers have been told that histoiography, as in including views of historians, is no longer a criteria for marking, so if you put it in your exam in november fine but you can get band 6 without it.

but yeah my teacher focusses on it heaps too....

HSC
historiography can't hurt you... unless you get it wrong...

and the markers realised it was just too hard, historiography takes up a huge part of extension history

i think your teachers focus on it because it makes the subject more interesting. if you pick a side, then you find someone who disagrees then you argue... and therefore you remember all the stuff you need to...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)