what's the longest book you've read? (1 Viewer)

Eeko

Banned
Originally posted by Demandred
Wheel of Time series, some of those books gets over 1000 pages, there are 11 books so far and its still going. Waiting for the next book in the series, would be so pissed off if the author dies before finishing it >:/
i doubt it, he's TRYIN to finish it in 2 more books

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
that book about Spot the dog....mad book, good as an Other Related Text too, visual, and had basic language techinques

Generator

HSC
N/A
It would have to be Jordan's 'Crossroads of Twilight'... I have never read a book that dragged on for so long with too many 'pointless' chapters that almost failed to deal with the three central characters...

Eeko

Banned
Originally posted by Generator
It would have to be Jordan's 'Crossroads of Twilight'... I have never read a book that dragged on for so long with too many 'pointless' chapters that almost failed to deal with the three central characters...
Rand got about 2 pages

ridiculous

oscar_wilde

War and peace by Leo Tolstoy- 1600 pages
I love this book.
why does everyone think cloudstreet is a long book? I love that book, very good!!! I recommend everyone read both of these books.

[cpt ans]

have u guys read/seen wild swans:

its thick! over 600 pages, sumfin like 670...

and its so bad! the book lacks textual integrity

harry potter OFTP is always a good one to brag...for a Hp is pretty long

Oh yeh, Morte D'arthur (the death of arthur)...see if u can see what it is...its about the life of arthur

ITS OVER A THOUSAND PAGES LONG...and we hgad to read it for ext eng in yr 11

enjoi long books...

-vatch

life4_rent

*points upwards* wat vatche said. ie. le morte d'arthur.. i think i was the only idiot who actually finishd it =S

harry potter: ootp :D not as good as 4th book tho.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
don't combine whole series and pass it off as one book. :)

lotr is 3 books, 6 parts.

harry potter #5 isn't all that long. Just looks big cause of weight, page thickness, margins, font.
PLUS it isn't all that good. :D

if you wanna combine series, try
Jordan's WoT
Wurt's wars of light and shadow
Goodkind's series beggining with Wizard's first rule

hehe

apart from that, long books (single books) = Melanie Rawn. huge books (1300pps'ish), lol, tiny writing, thin pages. :-\
few others, but don't exactly remember names.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Originally posted by Grey Council
don't combine whole series and pass it off as one book. :)

lotr is 3 books, 6 parts.

"The Lord of the Rings is often erroneously called a trilogy, when it is in fact a single novel, consisting of six books plus appendices, sometimes published in three volumes."

That's what is says in the front of my book, which is published as one complete novel.:p

Edit: and I agree with you; Order of the Phoenix wasn't as good as I expected.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hehe i never have high expectations for anything anymore lol (unless people have already been/seen it/experienced etc)

so i was looking forward to harry potter #5 and i did enjoy it. though i still love book4. actually i can't really decide between any of them .... a lot of things in book 5 annoyed me, though :p

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
hehe i never have high expectations for anything anymore lol (unless people have already been/seen it/experienced etc)

so i was looking forward to harry potter #5 and i did enjoy it. though i still love book4. actually i can't really decide between any of them .... a lot of things in book 5 annoyed me, though :p
I think it's partly due to how you re-read the first four, knowing that the ending is going to be good and everything is going to turn out right, whereas with book five you read it dreading the part where Sirius dies, so it isn't as much fun. Who's got Sirius conspiracy theories? What's really behind that curtain?

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
LOTR is the longest book i have read... and yes, it is one book.. my copy is the full edition.

mayhemily

HSC
hey do we REALLY know that sirius is dead? Because someone told me it isn't confirmed, just assumed because he goes behind the curtain etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)