Whats the longest emplyment you've had? (1 Viewer)

Tambubs

HSC
Just wondering what is the longest employment ppl have had at a certain place. Ppl gasp when i tell them i've worked at woolworths as a checkout chick for 3 and a half year, 'cause i'm 18, and being a checkout chick would drive you crazy blah blah blah'
so yeah............

elisabeth

HSC
I got my first job this year in Feb at a pharmacy. Before, I lived in London and you can't get a decent job till you're 16 there. So my longest job is 9 1/2 months and counting :)

Mike iE

HSC
about 6 months at the Glaciarium until it shut down. (if you include playing in the band and working in the skate hire)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
on the 10th of november its going to be 3 years as a checkout chick at woolies (occasional deli/variety/bakery/perishables girl) and counting :)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Tambubs said:
Just wondering what is the longest employment ppl have had at a certain place. Ppl gasp when i tell them i've worked at woolworths as a checkout chick for 3 and a half year, 'cause i'm 18, and being a checkout chick would drive you crazy blah blah blah'
so yeah............
i've been working at woolies for close to 3 years now and i am 17 ..... dont worry about what people say cos in the long run employers are going to be impressed that you were able to uphold a job for so long at a young age :)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
started my first real job march this year and have still have it. so thats about 9 months. and not considering quiting. :D

did woolies in that time for about 3-4 months, but became too hectic.

HSC
i think i'm still technically employed by eurest

so that would be approaching 2 years :p

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
12 months in one location.
3 years for one employer.

It depends on your situation, obviously 3 years at Coles/Maccas/Wherever through High School can be seen as a positive. 3 years as a checkout chick once you have your degree is something else entirely.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Four years, three months. Too long, but it's a rut that's easily cruised.

stace212

4 years big w, 2 as a traineeship (retail operations cert II) hopefully either getting new job soon or transfer and prospect of trainee manager

mishka

HSC
N/A
i've been at Kmart since July 2002, so nearly 2 and 1/2 years...

Ryan_Kill

subway in byron bay for just over 3 years, quit yesterday so happy! we were the bussiest subway in Australia between christman/new years. start with accounting firm in two weeks, so happy

helloyo

this is my first job (woolies) and i've only had it for 6 months so far, but i am so sick of it. does it look bad leaving after 6 months?

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
helloyo said:
this is my first job (woolies) and i've only had it for 6 months so far, but i am so sick of it. does it look bad leaving after 6 months?
Not at all. Just make sure you have a good excuse if the next job ever asks you why you left. Make sure it's nothing like "the last boss sucked" or "it was boring".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)